Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#386060 - 08/21/10 04:35 AM Coastal Xpress price hike
Marty Offline

#386069 - 08/21/10 12:00 PM Re: Coastal Xpress price hike [Re: Marty]
samray Offline
Don't get me wrong, I love Coastal Xpress, but that is one of the worst business letters I have ever read.

Should I call them with my comment???

#386277 - 08/24/10 07:47 PM Re: Coastal Xpress price hike [Re: Marty]
hazzyy Offline
Looks like it was written in Spanish and then translated with google translate into English!!

#386287 - 08/24/10 10:41 PM Re: Coastal Xpress price hike [Re: Marty]
LaraTravelBelize Offline
not just that, but the saddest part is
Coastal Express came in, slashed prices so much and put others out of business, and now that they are basically the only game in town, they raise the prices.

bad form.
www.lemoncrushbelize.com

#386290 - 08/24/10 11:05 PM Re: Coastal Xpress price hike [Re: Marty]
elbert Offline
Gee I was not going to comment on this and here I am.
50.cents Lemon Crush. The price from town to some place as far North like Journeys End went up 50.cents and for tourist it went up a dollar US.
Come on Its a first class operation the boats are clean, neat, run on time, run by professional staff and gas is $10. a gallon.
The other service cant be compared with Coastal.
The Coastal Express makes the island a better place to live.
I hope they raised the price enough to keep it as proficient as it is now.

#387134 - 09/06/10 08:58 PM Re: Coastal Xpress price hike [Re: elbert]
Casa Pokey Jan Offline
They raised the fee to Palmero Point (9 miles north) $7 one way and $13 round trip. It is LESS expensive to go to Brightweaters which is 3/4 mile farther north. There is no local rate to Palmero Point anymore, either.

I think they are slipping in customer service and their professionalism. The drivers rarely wear a uniform shirt anymore and they failed to pick me up recently. I watched them leave Blue Reef's dock and go south instead of coming north for me, called and the ticket lady refused to call the captain to have him come back. When the captain picked me up on the next run he was very unhappy that she hadn't called on the radio or his cell. Until recently they had been really great!

#387137 - 09/06/10 09:38 PM Re: Coastal Xpress price hike [Re: Marty]
elbert Offline
How far did Island ferry run North?

#387138 - 09/06/10 09:46 PM Re: Coastal Xpress price hike [Re: elbert]
Casa Pokey Jan Offline
Salamander which is now El Secreto and is 2 miles north of Palmero Point.

#387144 - 09/06/10 11:06 PM Re: Coastal Xpress price hike [Re: Marty]
LaraTravelBelize Offline
i do have to say, i do love them! they at least come get me south, which no one else did....and in their defense, from Carib Island to Palapa Bar costs me $8 bzd one way. A land taxi to town is $15....and then i'd still have to go north from there.

and yes, they are great and i love them.

just hate a price hike
www.lemoncrushbelize.com

#387191 - 09/07/10 02:49 PM Re: Coastal Xpress price hike [Re: Marty]
elbert Offline
I suppose that I get defensive when people criticize Coastal because living for so many years up here without road or ferry service was a hardship and now life seems so much easier because I can simply go out on the dock and hop on like taking a bus to town.
Its really changed the way people on the North part of the island live. Its value to us is astronomical.
The Island Ferry had some friends and there are some hard feelings but I'm sure Island Ferry isn't coming back and Coastal is extremely better run.
Clean, well maintained boats and regular on time schedules are in my opinion Night and Day differences from The old Island Ferry...
and still cheap compared to the alternatives.
Having to buy a boat, pay for its mooring, maintain its engine and keep it in fuel in order to commute to work or just go to the grocery store is huge. After 15 years of that you'll have a greater respect.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (BrownDogs, Scuba do, 1 invisible), 52 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,027 Topics
462,227 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.