Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#386100 - 08/22/10 02:46 AM A question for the locals...
Keep It Simple Offline
We just happen to run across an older post...Is there a need for a bicylce/golf cart repair shop?

Thanks,
Fanny & Zoltan

#386102 - 08/22/10 03:38 AM Re: A question for the locals... [Re: Keep It Simple]
pirate villas Offline
? im sure up north could probably use one ive never seen one

#386120 - 08/22/10 01:33 PM Re: A question for the locals... [Re: pirate villas]
bywarren Offline
I always thought if I wanted to start a business on AC, I would open up a snowmobile sales and service. That way the end result would be like most, I would go broke, but at least I would not have to work hard while doing it. wink

#386122 - 08/22/10 01:49 PM Re: A question for the locals... [Re: bywarren]
Diane Campbell Offline
To answer the original question from Fanny and Zoltan - San Pedro seems to have sufficient repair shops for both bicycles and golf carts.

#386124 - 08/22/10 02:39 PM Re: A question for the locals... [Re: Diane Campbell]
natalie p Offline
I think a week doesn't go by without someone I have met visiting here asking me to help them find where can they live, what work can they do. So many people who would love to live here. Can't blame them, it is beautiful here. But as in all places, there are good things and bad things. It is not easy making a living here.

#386136 - 08/22/10 05:23 PM Re: A question for the locals... [Re: natalie p]
tortuga.chica Offline
On the flight to BZE yesterday, I met a couple who after spending 1 week on AC on holiday were all about moving down to the island.

I am a relative novice to island life--as I have only visited for 1 week at a time (on my 3rd visit now). But, I will tell you this, being a member of this forum and talking to people who live on the island full-time has really opened my eyes to how challenging living in San Pedro can be. It is a beautiful place, with many beautiful people and beautiful things, but as Natalie says...It is not easy to make a living...

I told the couple that I met several things...(that I learned from people on this forum)

- Talk to people who live down there.
- Stay for a month at a time (trial basis, we'll say) @ different time of the year so you can experience all seasons that Belize has to offer.

Also, told them to join this forum. I find it very, very informative when it comes to knowing the "real deal" about life on San Pedro.

#386139 - 08/22/10 07:22 PM Re: A question for the locals... [Re: tortuga.chica]
elbert Offline
I take my bike to ElGuapo's its close to the Texaco Dock and cheap. he also does motorcycles. it would be hard to beat his price and service.
I've had the idea that a landscaping business would be big. lots of new homes that need particular services.

#386489 - 08/27/10 12:19 AM Re: A question for the locals... [Re: tortuga.chica]
harleynot
Originally Posted By: phishhippiegirl
On the flight to BZE yesterday, I met a couple who after spending 1 week on AC on holiday were all about moving down to the island.

I am a relative novice to island life--as I have only visited for 1 week at a time (on my 3rd visit now). But, I will tell you this, being a member of this forum and talking to people who live on the island full-time has really opened my eyes to how challenging living in San Pedro can be. It is a beautiful place, with many beautiful people and beautiful things, but as Natalie says...It is not easy to make a living...

I told the couple that I met several things...(that I learned from people on this forum)

- Talk to people who live down there.
- Stay for a month at a time (trial basis, we'll say) @ different time of the year so you can experience all seasons that Belize has to offer.

Also, told them to join this forum. I find it very, very informative when it comes to knowing the "real deal" about life on San Pedro.

thanks for the great advice, I have been reading post after post to get an idea of everyday life in the San Pedro area.

If anyone has any opinions and or information about Pirate's Pizza business, I'd love to hear it. THANKS

you can PM me as well..

much appreciated !

Edited by harleynot (08/30/10 07:40 AM)

#386492 - 08/27/10 02:59 AM Re: A question for the locals... [Re: ]
Ernie B Offline
Who wants to take this ?

#386495 - 08/27/10 03:10 AM Re: A question for the locals... [Re: Keep It Simple]
klcman Offline
Steve - where are ya? smile

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Marty, 1 invisible), 35 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,024 Topics
462,217 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.