Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#38609 05/04/01 06:39 PM
B
OP Offline
B
We want to thank everyone for all their replies. It's been interesting and informative. Our main goal is relaxation. We just have to know -- the way y'all defend AC, you'd think it was paradise!!!!
Is it true - will we not want to come home???
Just by reading this board, we're ready to retire there. Maybe, we'll just pack up our stuff, sell the house, and move there! What ya think? Sounds good to us!

#38610 05/04/01 08:31 PM
C
C
There is some serious building going on and in the works for AC. Anything can turn to crap, so don't bank on things staying decent there. Look at what has happened to Playa del Carmen in Mexico.

Look further to the south where tourists have to be more motivated to get there. Punta Gorda is great and Placencia is still good. Hell, in Placencia even the tourists still say "hi" to each other.

#38611 05/04/01 08:57 PM
geeze ch'eel, a bit harsh....

san Pedro is awesome, great diving, food, beaches, fishing...

course I'm just a simple okie boy, so maybe I'm easily overwhelmed.

#38612 05/05/01 12:01 AM
Hey Bill--
If you have anymore questions, we would love to help... to answer you question,, Shervport...... Congrats, on your marriage.. Rick

#38613 05/05/01 11:02 AM
S
S
Hey Rick...did you mean Shreveport? We are originally from Monroe.
Susan

#38614 05/06/01 10:38 AM
B&J...Ac is what you make it...I found that it left me changed and more relaxed than any other vacation I have ever done. I've been on 6-7 cruises..7 to 11 day ones..and always felt I never got the chance to really explore each place...It took me 2 days in AC to let go of the rush rush attitude I developed in the states. The truth for me is this...I let AC saturate me..the people, the water, the constant breeze...the smells..the no hurry no worry pace...
Now..my folks..68 years old, may find that AC has little to offer them...they look for 5 star hotels and resturants...are not into walking at all. My father also is not a swimmer...
They are set in their ways...also they have health issues. For them to move there would too great a change.
If you enjoy nature and people as I do, you will certainly find AC and the rest of Belize a haven...plus I hear the Tax advantages are favorable...Go visit...let Ac soak in..then come back and tell us how it was..both good and bad...

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...
#38615 05/06/01 01:20 PM
Axeman, very very interesting your set in way of thinking about your Parents 68 yrs old.
LOL.....I am 63, if you asked my kids, they would say, she will not walk anywhere, swim my mother did not learn to swim until 42 no way would she snorkel in the sea, oh yes Mom has to have good hotels and restaurants.
Oh so funny, on my visits to Ambergris, I walk everywhere, snorkel everywhere, and eat at all the restaurants, big little cheap and expensive, and sorry I do not have time to eat in every restaurant before I leave.
Amazing thing happens in San Pedro, you are just transformed, no matter your age, in fact I think we all windup feeling like we are happy free spirited kids again.
Axeman you know I adore you, and told you before your visit, what was going to happen to you, so don't count your Parents out of Belize just yet. LOL

[This message has been edited by Chloe (edited 05-06-2001).]

Dare To Deviate
#38616 05/06/01 07:20 PM
KC Offline
There is a link on the home page of this website which is a journal of a woman who went on a reef camping trip -- alone -- with only a two-man crew. Everyone should read that journal. It is incredible, and you will love it -- Axeman, Chloe, Punta Rebel Girl to name a few... I know you will understand what this woman is saying. It is her first trip to Belize, and she puts into words so well what we all have felt. I started reading it very late one night, and I couldn't stop until I was done. I don't remember the name of the woman... and who knows... maybe it is someone who reads and posts to this board! I don't know, but if that person happens to read this note... I want you to know that it was an awesome journal.

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
#38617 05/06/01 07:31 PM
P
P
KC, how do I find that journal that you were speaking of? I would love to read it.
Thanks,
Punta Rebel Girl
Debbie

Debbie, the Punta Girl
#38618 05/06/01 07:58 PM
I read it..all 11 pages...was unreal reading....she was quite a writer...thanks for reminding me

C...I'm trying to get my father to go down...we'll see if he can talk my mom into it too...I'd love to see them get out of those darn easy chairs and become more active!!!!

[This message has been edited by Axeman (edited 05-06-2001).]

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 354 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.