Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
K
OP Offline
K
We just happen to run across an older post...Is there a need for a bicylce/golf cart repair shop?

Thanks,
Fanny & Zoltan

? im sure up north could probably use one ive never seen one

I always thought if I wanted to start a business on AC, I would open up a snowmobile sales and service. That way the end result would be like most, I would go broke, but at least I would not have to work hard while doing it. wink

To answer the original question from Fanny and Zoltan - San Pedro seems to have sufficient repair shops for both bicycles and golf carts.

I think a week doesn't go by without someone I have met visiting here asking me to help them find where can they live, what work can they do. So many people who would love to live here. Can't blame them, it is beautiful here. But as in all places, there are good things and bad things. It is not easy making a living here.

On the flight to BZE yesterday, I met a couple who after spending 1 week on AC on holiday were all about moving down to the island.

I am a relative novice to island life--as I have only visited for 1 week at a time (on my 3rd visit now). But, I will tell you this, being a member of this forum and talking to people who live on the island full-time has really opened my eyes to how challenging living in San Pedro can be. It is a beautiful place, with many beautiful people and beautiful things, but as Natalie says...It is not easy to make a living...

I told the couple that I met several things...(that I learned from people on this forum)

- Talk to people who live down there.
- Stay for a month at a time (trial basis, we'll say) @ different time of the year so you can experience all seasons that Belize has to offer.

Also, told them to join this forum. I find it very, very informative when it comes to knowing the "real deal" about life on San Pedro.

A hug is the shortest distance between friends. ~ Author Unknown
I take my bike to ElGuapo's its close to the Texaco Dock and cheap. he also does motorcycles. it would be hard to beat his price and service.
I've had the idea that a landscaping business would be big. lots of new homes that need particular services.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
H
harleynot
harleynot
H
Originally Posted by phishhippiegirl
On the flight to BZE yesterday, I met a couple who after spending 1 week on AC on holiday were all about moving down to the island.

I am a relative novice to island life--as I have only visited for 1 week at a time (on my 3rd visit now). But, I will tell you this, being a member of this forum and talking to people who live on the island full-time has really opened my eyes to how challenging living in San Pedro can be. It is a beautiful place, with many beautiful people and beautiful things, but as Natalie says...It is not easy to make a living...

I told the couple that I met several things...(that I learned from people on this forum)

- Talk to people who live down there.
- Stay for a month at a time (trial basis, we'll say) @ different time of the year so you can experience all seasons that Belize has to offer.

Also, told them to join this forum. I find it very, very informative when it comes to knowing the "real deal" about life on San Pedro.

thanks for the great advice, I have been reading post after post to get an idea of everyday life in the San Pedro area.

If anyone has any opinions and or information about Pirate's Pizza business, I'd love to hear it. THANKS

you can PM me as well..

much appreciated !

Last edited by harleynot; 08/30/10 01:40 AM.
E
E
Who wants to take this ?

Steve - where are ya? smile

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 261 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.