Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#386423 - 08/25/10 10:00 PM Analog or Digital TV
gabby Offline
Hi - I have cable through Coral Cable, and want to bring a small TV down this trip. The new ones they're selling here are now digital only, not the crossover analog/digital. What's broadcast on the island, analog or digital?
Thank you!

#386433 - 08/26/10 06:11 AM Re: Analog or Digital TV [Re: gabby]
dabunk Offline
Analog only

#386435 - 08/26/10 08:18 AM Re: Analog or Digital TV [Re: dabunk]
CaptOneIron Offline
I am not an expert but I installed five new televisions on AC and hooked them up to Coral Cable without any difficulty. I think the box provided actually handles both types of tvs but certainly it handled my digitals. I now have satellite so perhaps something has changed.
Captain One Iron

#386436 - 08/26/10 08:35 AM Re: Analog or Digital TV [Re: gabby]
collyk Offline
I have an analog TV but I've got friends who have digitals. Digitals actually seem to get the channels registered properly through Coral Cable. So, while I have to punch in the numbers for some channels: for example I can press forward on the remote up to channel 50, but my analog doesn't recognise channel 50 and will skip to 51 (which happens to be Animal Planet), I actually have to key in the numbers 5 0. That is the same with many channels. The digital TVs don't seem to have a problem with this. So, I think a digital TV will be fine. I'm sure others will have a better technical understanding of this.
Belize Wedding Photography

#386437 - 08/26/10 08:49 AM Re: Analog or Digital TV [Re: gabby]
elbert Offline
Blu-Ray makes me want to say digital is the way to go.
The Dive Shops Daily Blog

#386449 - 08/26/10 10:11 AM Re: Analog or Digital TV [Re: gabby]
JZB Offline
Colly, sounds like you only need to change the channel lineup programmed in your TV.

Coral Cable says their going digital in the next few months by running fiber optic lines. We'll see.

#386453 - 08/26/10 10:40 AM Re: Analog or Digital TV [Re: gabby]
collyk Offline
JZB. Oh my goodness. You are right. I feel like such a plank. Thanks for the advice.
Belize Wedding Photography

#386454 - 08/26/10 10:58 AM Re: Analog or Digital TV [Re: gabby]
Amanda Syme Offline
Every month or so I reprogram my tv because there are continually new channels being added. Some of you may not realize that there are quite a few channels up past 100 now. Fit Tv, Bio, Weather channel.

#386619 - 08/29/10 01:27 AM Re: Analog or Digital TV [Re: gabby]
gabby Offline
Thanks to everyone for helping me figure it out!

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 24 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,718 Topics
461,262 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.