Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
H
harleynot
harleynot
H
Appreciate all the responses, truly I do!

For those of you not convinced that I am truly just a dude asking questions.....this should help.

What's a Chill Weekend ?
Is it just a time share presentation? Is it something that San Pedro as a community organizes or just the time share / condo sales people ?

K
K
It is where you spend $299/person or $399/couple to have someone sell you something. smile
.....all weekend long.

Last edited by Keller; 08/28/10 07:00 PM.
H
harleynot
harleynot
H
Originally Posted by Keller
It is where you spend $299/person or $399/couple to have someone sell you something. smile
.....all weekend long.

Next question, what do I need to know about cell phone service?
GSM 1900 un-locked phone is what I'm being told. Can anybody give me a short and easy answer?
Thank You

Last edited by harleynot; 08/30/10 01:43 AM.
Who is offering the "Chill Weekend" ?

K
K
Baymen Garden - ECI Development

amen on pirates pizza Diane. Yum.

Originally Posted by Keller
Baymen Garden - ECI Development

Oh ....... thanks for the info.

R
ron Offline
R
You have the answer. The unlocked means that you do not have that phone tied to a particular cell phone carrier, e.g. verizon or AT&T. Your US phone service will work in Belize but its expensive. Bring an unlocked phone and you buy a sim card and phone number and pay local rates. I buy my unlocked phone on line at J&R Music. There are other that sell them. You can also have your US phone unlocked.

S
S
Pepperoni's Pizza is MUCH better. Pirates Pizza wasnt bad, but for $32.50 USD, thats an inferior pizza. If I have to pay that much in the US, its in a nice chic italian restaurant.

As for the price of the business, there have been 2 other businesses that have sold for HALF the price of Pirates Pizza and they have better reputations. I am sure Prate's has a good amount of expensive equipment in there, but you're also buying the "reputation" that Peter has....and everyone has been skirting around saying what that reputation is. Keep that in mind.

Also, why would he sell you a Pizza business when he already has another one that is a direct competitor. If I was him, I would sell Pirates to you, cut my prices at Pedro's in half, advertise like crazy with the $100k USD that you gave me, drive you out of business almost immediately, and then re-secure my previous market share. Sounds like a setup to me. Might want to think this one through a little more.

Its nice to think that everyone in San Pedro is nice and remotely trustworthy, but for the most part, there are a TON of shady people and snakes in the grass to watch out for.

Last edited by slowlyretiring; 09/09/10 10:05 AM.
Speaking of pizza. Pinnochio's makes some amazing pizzas - fired in their oven. And so does Blue Water Grill. And of course let's not forget Rojo's pizza. Mmmmmm.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 120 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.