Spectacular Rising Star on Amazon.com, Belize Survivor: Darker Side of Paradise by Nancy R. Koerner
Now Available on Kindle

Soon-to-be bestseller Belize Survivor: Darker Side of Paradise is now being offered on Kindle Books/ Kindle Store, foremost provider of ebook downloads worldwide. Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk present this powerful, spine-tingling tale of jungle adventure, domestic violence, and ultimate triumph, based on a true story.

Nancy Koerner’s self-published book, Belize Survivor: Darker Side of Paradise continues to garner high praise from grassroots fans. To date, it maintains an astonishing record of all 5-star reviews on Amazon.com -- 37 times in a row. http://www.amazon.com/BELIZE-SURVIVOR-Da...nDateDescending Besides its superb entertainment value as a rousing romp in the rainforest, complete with earthquake, flood, fire, hurricane, caves, Mayan ruins, and ancient artifacts, Ms. Koerner brings the reader to gut-wrenching confrontation with the dark and devastating forces of human nature, a stirring tale of jungle adventure and violent domestic abuse based on her own true-life experiences in Belize as a young pioneer in the 1970 and 80’s.

“Categorizing the book has always been a challenge,” says Koerner. “Even though it is autobiographical, good sense dictated that I write it as a fictional account to protect me from potential legal and physical retribution. Rendering it in the 3rd person was helpful in that it allowed me to maintain relative distancing and objectivity in writing such painful, intimate detail. Unfortunately, it also forced me to conform to the guidelines of fiction, which proved somewhat irksome. As a result, certain characters and events had to be fused together in the best interests of clarity and brevity. It's a wild ride, but, bizarre as it may be, the story is 98% authentic, exactly as written,” says Koerner. “I couldn’t possibly have made it all up,” she adds with a wry smile, “I’m not that good.”

Nancy R. Koerner is an advocate for the Shelter for Abused Women and Children in Naples, FL. Personally autographed and inscribed books purchased via the “direct-from-the-author” program at www.belizesurvivor.com/buy_book.html result in a donation to the organization. Ms. Koerner engages in motivational speaking presentations on women’s empowerment for book clubs, country clubs, civic organizations, colleges, and universities, offering hope and encouragement to women who must make the courageous decisions that will ultimately lead to their own redemption and autonomy.

Other current writing projects include Koerner’s 1) Lifestyle/Relationships/Relationships Advice column as “Domestic Violence Examiner” in the National Edition of Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/domestic-issues-in-national/nancy-koerner, 2) screenplay adaptation of “Belize Survivor” which has sparked the interest of Emmy Award Winning writer/producer, Jonathan Stark, of Studio City, CA, http://www.prweb.com/releases/2009/05/prweb2371084.htm, and 3) sequel “Belize Survivor: Redemption,” now in progress, and eagerly awaited by fans. Unlike her first book, a major trade publisher will be sought for this second effort.

Koerner is passionate about her cause, and hopeful that the Kindle liaison with Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk will continue to bring focus to the ongoing real-life challenges of domestic violence, female oppression, and human rights issues throughout the world.