Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#388727 - 09/28/10 07:00 PM Re: recycle your wine/ liquor bottles [Re: shuffles]
tortuga.chica Offline
Originally Posted By: shuffles
a lava lamp and a chianti bottle with a multi colored candle in it??? That's what I was thinking!!!

I have these very two items sitting on a shelf in my living room.

#388732 - 09/28/10 09:25 PM Re: recycle your wine/ liquor bottles [Re: tortuga.chica]
SnoopysMom Offline
Guess what? Glass cutting and bottle recycling is groovy again!

If I may (indulge myself a bit)...

Growing up, my mom used to make wine (albeit very very sweet) out of blackberries every year and when got old enough we drank it out of jelly glasses. She canned vegetables we grew in our garden and our family rarely ate a meal outside of the house. The preacher and his wife had a standing invite to our house for Sunday lunch. We weren't cool enough for candles, but I did paint my nails blue once. I thought we were freaks and my mom was a nerd.

Now, as I try to grow my own vegetables, avoid fast food and make my own wine out of sea grapes and pineapple, I appreciate those influences. Not sure I could pull off the blue polish, but my feelings remain the same regarding the preacher....

The moral of the story is that, sometimes if you wait long enough, things may eventually come back into style LOL

I cannot wait to give it a go smile

#389127 - 10/04/10 12:30 PM Re: recycle your wine/ liquor bottles [Re: SnoopysMom]
Maya House Offline
Thanks to all of this, SM, I went out and bought a kiln this weekend!!

#391743 - 11/03/10 12:09 PM Re: recycle your wine/ liquor bottles [Re: SnoopysMom]
sunrisesky Offline
Is Casa Picasso still looking for wine bottles (no corks....)? thanks!

#391868 - 11/04/10 12:29 PM Re: recycle your wine/ liquor bottles [Re: SnoopysMom]
tacogirl Offline
Our old roommate in Canada used to make really nice drinking glasses from bottles. He did it all by hand and just sanded the edges.

I had always thought that would be a good way to reduce beach litter by turning watched up bottles in decent condition into glass art. Have seen cheese trays trays and all kinds of cool things made from old bottles.

#392020 - 11/05/10 08:34 PM Re: recycle your wine/ liquor bottles [Re: SnoopysMom]
ScubaLdy Offline
My daughter wants to build our ourdoor kitchen (fogon)out of booze bottles used like cement blocks placing them in cement neck down.

I saw a lot staked head high in plastic bottles. Since they never deteriorate it made me wonder about filling them with water and using them like cobbles and laying them out then cover with sand and another layer of bottles, etc to fill low areas.

#392571 - 11/12/10 11:15 AM Re: recycle your wine/ liquor bottles [Re: sunrisesky]
SnoopysMom Offline
Dear sunrisesky: yes, we recycle your wine bottle (liquor and smirnoff ice bottles as well). You can drop them in front or PM me for pickup. THANKS!

#392830 - 11/15/10 05:20 PM Re: recycle your wine/ liquor bottles [Re: SnoopysMom]
iamonislandtime Offline
Hi Snoopysmom, Kindly let me know if you are still receiving wine bottles and where I can drop them off. Is it only wine bottles you want. As I have a rental home on the north side of the island, I find that my guests leave me with wine bottles and want to be able to recycle them. Thanks much. grin

#392850 - 11/16/10 03:16 AM Re: recycle your wine/ liquor bottles [Re: iamonislandtime]
SnoopysMom Offline
PM sent THANKS!!!

#393666 - 11/28/10 09:26 AM Re: recycle your wine/ liquor bottles [Re: SnoopysMom]
julie babcock Offline
do you have a nice sign? one that i could put on a bin/box in the office for guests to recycle wine bottles?
this is great.
ps. the only drinking glasses i used to own were made from beer bottles.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
More News...
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
SanPedroScoop

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Belize Hub
Tacogirl
Belize Adventure
Romantic Travel
Building a New Life
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Snorkel from the beach at Tranquility Bay Resort - Belize Snorkeling - Belize Dive Resort
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Black Orchid Restaurant & Lounge, Our mission is To Provide each and every Guest with a Pleasant Dining Experienceg
Mini Chat

Low Air Fares
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Click to see information on The Blue Hole Skydive Adventure in Belize
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
2 registered (champion, 1 invisible), 42 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
17473 Members
44 Forums
57602 Topics
444014 Posts

Max Online: 1262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.