Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#38826 - 05/08/01 12:27 AM Down to 3 hotel choices??/ Local flights??
Cherie Offline
O.K. I think I've got it narrowed down to 3 hotels. I could use your opinions though. I'm seriously thinking (if available) of staying at the 1. Sunbreeze, 2. Seven Seas 3. Mayan Princess. They seem to look nice and clean on their websites. I know looks can fool you. What do you think? I really don't like spending a lot of $$$ for a room you don't spend very much time in. I do like a T.V. for later in the evening. To old to do much partying. Do like to walk around town ,check on any local happenings if any around. Also, can anyone help answer if it is very difficult to get a flight to and from AC/ Belize without going through a travel agent? Also, the cost if anyone knows. Love hearing from all of you. Thanks Cherie

#38827 - 05/08/01 12:47 AM Re: Down to 3 hotel choices??/ Local flights??
ccla Offline
Hi, we stayed at the Seven Seas in March and liked it so much we bought one timeshare week! We'll be back in 12 days! It is a great bargain! These rooms are actually 1 bedroom suites...living room/kitchen, bedroom and bath. There is a television with cable of some sort in the living room --actually quite a few stations! Air conditioning in bedroom only, but we found that to be just fine. The kitchen is stocked with pots, pans, dishes, stainless, coffeepot, blender, toaster, microwave, stove & refrigerator. I would suggest bringing a beach towel or two, as the hotel asks that you not use their towels outside.
Flights to/from AC and Belize City seem to be readily available...Tropic Air has a website, I'm not sure about any others...the price is around $43 US. If you have time, take a boat one way...it is a very enjoyable ride!
When will you be there? Carla

#38828 - 05/08/01 01:06 AM Re: Down to 3 hotel choices??/ Local flights??
Cherie Offline
ccla..We are in the process now of making res. I'm trying to get there July 15th thru July 25th. Seven Sea sounds to be the best rate so far. I emailed them this evening. I hope I can get in. Thanks for the info. Anymore things you can fill me in on is much appreciated. Cherie'

#38829 - 05/08/01 01:49 AM Re: Down to 3 hotel choices??/ Local flights??
Gary Offline

It is very easy to make your on reservation for flights from Belize to Ambergris Caye. Check out the internet link below. Enjoy your stay!

Gary http://www.tropicair.com/

#38830 - 05/08/01 09:20 AM Re: Down to 3 hotel choices??/ Local flights??
ccla Offline
Cherie', I know you will like Seven Seas...the manager's name is Bob. He will help you any way he can, I'm sure!
The only thing I can tell you is to prepare yourself to be relaxed...take your shoes off and enjoy! Be sure to try Papi's Diner on the street behind Seven Seas...it is excellent!
Have a great trip! Carla

#38831 - 05/08/01 09:49 AM Re: Down to 3 hotel choices??/ Local flights??
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline

I've stayed at SunBreeze and Mayan Princess and have visited Seven Seas a few times but haven't stayed there (and, for what it's worth I've done four guidebooks to Belize including a Fodor's).

My take:

They're all good places. Of the three, I personally like Mayan Princess and SunBreeze the best. Probably I'd give Mayan Princess the nod because I like the big airy tropical looking suites with great water views, but for some not having a pool is a disadvantage, and SunBreeze has one of the nicest pools on the island. All three are convenient to town, with SunBreeze and Mayan Princess being the most convenient to things.

Guess the final decision might come down to price. All three have deals sometimes, and I've found Mayan Princess an especially good value off-season.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine http://www.turq.com/belizefirst/
Lan Sluder/Belize First

#38832 - 05/08/01 10:19 AM Re: Down to 3 hotel choices??/ Local flights??
shaygray Offline
I've stayed at the Sunbreeze. It's really nice. The pool is great & the restaurant and bar are fun. Nice beach, too. I've heard a lot of great things about Seven Seas, also. Seven Seas is much less expensive (they have 30% off their normal rates now if you book directly with them). Beside Tropic Air, Maya Island Air also provides transportation from Belize City to AC. Same price. The counters are very near each other at the airport. If you make reservations at one, you can always hop on the other if lines are too long at the Belize City airport. The landing strips are very near each other on AC, too. Good luck & have a great trip!

#38833 - 05/08/01 12:26 PM Re: Down to 3 hotel choices??/ Local flights??
TJ & Barb Offline
We stayed @ Seven Seas for 10 days (Apr 25-May 4) and loved it. Say hello to Sherrie!

#38834 - 05/08/01 03:36 PM Re: Down to 3 hotel choices??/ Local flights??
Maya Island Air Offline
Both Mayan Princess and Sun breeze are nice
places to stay. Mayan Princess are more like studi apartments with kitchenette. Sun Breeze nice hotel on the beach with swimpool,
restaurant, giftshop and watersports center.
To get to San Pedro we offer daily scheduled
flight from the airport. One way airfare is
USD$47.00 per person. Please send us an email to miaspr@btl.net for reservations.

Thank you

#38835 - 05/08/01 03:40 PM Re: Down to 3 hotel choices??/ Local flights??
seashell Offline
My friends stay at the Mayan Princess all the time and they love it. However, there's one thing that confuses me. My friend told me that there are no stove tops, only ovens. I couldn't figure out what was the use of having a kitchenette if you couldn't heat anything up on the stove. Does anybody know anymore about this?
A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
5 registered (Marty, 4 invisible), 87 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,638 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,737 Topics
461,308 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.