Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
OP Offline
F
Aside from storm shutters and motion sensors, is it possible to have some form of electronic security for my home where I can monitor things via internet from the states? I think I already know the answer to this, but would like to know some options that are available. And please don't say, "get a caretaker".

yes you can. You need to set up cameras, a fixed ip and pay for at least the 1mb dsl service.

So you can watch while your stuff is stolen?

Future full time Belizeans
Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
Yeah, and take pix too. If you live in the south you can call SACNW patrol and actually catch thieves red handed!

I have 3 cameras working around my property in San Pedro and watching them from England. Will have number 4 working soon. If you want to see them I can send you what you need to get into them.

Last edited by Inplub; 09/23/10 02:25 PM.
You might want to think of some back up power source also in case of power outages maybe a small battery system so it keeps running during outages.

Gaz

F
OP Offline
F
Our home is South so the patrol does go by our home. However, we want to have a live video feed. It would be great too if we could have a voice feed as well to tell people to get off the property. With that said, InPlub, I'd like to hear more about what you have. I'll PM you with my email address. And "Belize-N-Us", I laughed at your comment. But yes, I want to see who is stealing my stuff so I can know how to better boobie trap my home.

S
S
InPub, are those cameras recording for time frame or is it live feed?

I am about 4 miles north and have four cameras (3 inside/1 outside) that are hooked up to a mac mini which allows me to watch live video or historical video for quite a period of time. They are all motion sensor based but the live feed is exactly that a live feed. I can access these cameras from anywhere that I have an internet connection including on my iPhone and iPad.

Last edited by CaptOneIron; 09/27/10 11:28 AM.

Captain One Iron
SnoopysMom they have live feed and will record and keep for 2-4 weeks so you can go into each camera and check. I took a look today and saw a friend in the yard the other day. I could tell to the second when he arrived and when he left.

I hope that helped, if you want to see them I have no problem with that, just let me know.

John

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 284 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.