Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#388774 - 09/29/10 01:31 PM Mayan or Tropic
McLovin Offline
Does anyone have a reason to fly one vs the other. Mayan group rates are a little better. Flying from international airport to San Pedro with about 15-20 people.

#388776 - 09/29/10 01:46 PM Re: Mayan or Tropic [Re: McLovin]
shuffles Offline
Prefer and use Tropic, for ourselves and our guests.
Change your Latitude

#388778 - 09/29/10 01:59 PM Re: Mayan or Tropic [Re: shuffles]
Ernie B Offline
Tropic, hands down
Gun Control is Hitting Your Target.

#388779 - 09/29/10 02:07 PM Re: Mayan or Tropic [Re: Ernie B]
azbob Offline
Double hands down for Tropic. Great customer service and they have always gotten us to the island even when were late. You can also get 10% off Tropic flights if you use Tacogirl specials:
"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO

#388782 - 09/29/10 02:25 PM Re: Mayan or Tropic [Re: McLovin]
tcoats Offline
I have used both. They are both good. Tropic flights seem to have more punctual departure times, but Maya will give you a 20% walk-up discount when you pay cash. We usually go with Maya because of this discount. That saves you about $24 US per person on each round-trip ticket to San Pedro. That adds up, especially with that many people. I would email them and give them a heads up that you will be walking up with that many people so they can plan accordingly.

#388784 - 09/29/10 02:28 PM Re: Mayan or Tropic [Re: McLovin]
Bing Crosby Offline
I have flown both several times and have had great service from both, If you can save a few bucks flying Maya I would do it.

#388785 - 09/29/10 02:47 PM Re: Mayan or Tropic [Re: McLovin]
Judyann H. Offline
Earlier in the month I flew tropic from Goldson to San Pedro.... I was running behind after a visit with BAHA and my Chihuahua. When I arrived at the gate the plane door was closed and about to leave....The gate rep radioed the pilot and they held the plane for me....I have other stories about the great service of Tropic and how well the guys at the luggage terminal treat me when I arrive.... A+ for service

If any of you were on that plane they held....Please forgive me, I appreciate your patience as it was the last flight out for the day.
My friends call me Judyann

#388786 - 09/29/10 02:50 PM Re: Mayan or Tropic [Re: Judyann H.]
AT602 Offline

#388788 - 09/29/10 03:04 PM Re: Mayan or Tropic [Re: McLovin]
tortuga.chica Offline
Have only flown once--used Mayan. Mostly because of the 20% discount I got when I booked with Gaz Cooper. No complaints with the service.

(I even got to sit in the co-pilot seat on the way to SP. That was totally cool.)
A hug is the shortest distance between friends. ~ Author Unknown

#388794 - 09/29/10 03:43 PM Re: Mayan or Tropic [Re: McLovin]
elbert Offline
Its all good and I agree with the above posts, with one little complaint. Flying out if international tropic air will sell you a ticket for a certain departure time but that departure really depends on the number of passengers and if that number isn't enough they will delay the departure until it is.
Good economics for the airline but
frustrating and irritating after a long flight to sit and wait from the consumer angle.
Ive switched my ticket to Maya Air several times because of this delay and Maya seemed to go when scheduled.
The Dive Shops Daily Blog

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Marty, 1 invisible), 37 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,711 Topics
461,243 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.