Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
The rapper thinks it could be 'a Central-American Dubai'...

Rapper Shyne been talking about his dreams to draw investment into his homeland Belize.

He told XXL Magazine: "I hope that I can make entertainment that will have a mass appeal, allowing me to generate the resources where I could build better housing, build up the infrastructure, get businessmen to come down and invest, build hotels, build restaurants, just totally develop the country.

"Probably take like maybe a couple billion dollars to really get it started. And success is magnetic, so if I'm touring all across the world and my shit is jumping, then muthaf*ckas gon' want to be a part of that Shyne experience. And part of that Shyne experience is being in Belize.

"And that's what I hope I can do. The exposure, attracting the tourism, but more so being an attraction, being a national treasure. And through my relationships in business and the different billionaire dudes I know, getting them to see that we can make this a Central-American Dubai and that there are more jobs for everybody, there's better education for everybody, just a total overhaul of the country and industrializing it and modernizing it."

MTV - UK

Oh yeah, what a cool representative, some of that lingo should really raise the profile.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

S
S
I am certainly impressed with Shyne's command of the English language LOL

Since he announced after he came back to Belize from a US prison that he was changing his name to Leviy or something like that, it sounds like he has changed his mind.

B
B
His education certainly paid off, he is the Musical Ambassador for Belize after all..... What a Moron.

Last edited by Judyann H.; 10/06/10 10:00 AM.

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
P
P
As a musician in the hip hop world comments like that are, I suppose, the norm. As an official representative of Belize they're a different matter.

Incidentally for those who might not know he's the son of the Prime Minister and the guy who alledgedly took the fall for Puff Daddy in a NY Night Club shooting.

Isn't all of the stuff he's spouting about his daddy's job???

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 330 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.