Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
E
E
Its none of my business but why buy a house if you dont intend to live there.

The Wilson's still direct the school and presently are on vacation in the USA. They will return Monday. The Anglican Diocese manages all Anglican schools in Belize. All funds go directly to the school and not to the Wilsons. The school looks great and supports the children in San Mateo area and other poorer neighborhoods. Without the food program here at the school, most of these children would not be able to eat. The Wilsons bought a house to later retire in. and where would you have the school re-located to? Maybe next door to you? Do you have property you would like to donate? The Wilson's had not planned on running a school but was talked into it and so, yes, they hope to retire from the school in a year or two! Any of y'all are welcome to step in and run it! Good luck! I really wish all of you would come and take a tour of the school. You would be pleasantly surprised. I'll be glad to show you around.

Can't find my plane...
Originally Posted by Ernie B
Its none of my business but why buy a house if you dont intend to live there.

Sorry Ernie, buth that's got to be one of the dumbest statements I've ever heard on this board to date. I bought a condo on AC over 5 years ago and I STILL don't "live" there. Have you ever heard of a "vacation home"? smirk

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
E
E
Gotta disagree with ya there Loansum, check out some of Jesse's comments smile

PS, I really dont care what you think.

I am with Ernie, Loansum you said home not house. Home is where you live.

Originally Posted by Ernie B
Gotta disagree with ya there Loansum, check out some of Jesse's comments smile

PS, I really dont care what you think.

I think all of us are guilty of making dumb comments.....some more often than others...

Originally Posted by Inplub
I am with Ernie, Loansum you said home not house. Home is where you live.

Well, don't know about that.....I consider San Pedro my "home away from home" grin

I can see your point, we have a house in San Pedro and one in Bangkok, we rent here in England. My home is where the family is.

Originally Posted by Inplub
I can see your point, we have a house in San Pedro and one in Bangkok, we rent here in England. My home is where the family is.

Well said......I agree......and "I approve this message"

"Wilson explained, "Everyone knows that the water in San Mateo is highly contaminated."

I'm not disagreeing that the school is needed and provides education and feeding services to the kids who may not otherwise receive same. However, it appears there is much more to the story as to how and why the Wilsons even considered putting a school in that particular area. Why did they agree to do that knowing the water is subpar and the land not buildable?

Everyone who has donated and who does such good work for the Holy Cross students are to be commended at every turn. The awful mess of board bridges, dirty water and overall dangerous environment of the school premises are due to the fact that it was "developed" by the Wilsons merely to provide leverage to them in their other real estate interests.

"He ended his letter by stating that, "It is time for a change and the time is now." Indeed... on to Panama.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 142 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,469
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.