Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Suncub Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Never done it - trying to take advantage of low airfare from Cancun. Any ideas?

P
P
All will need some planning around Cancun flight departure time ferries and/or Corozal flights and may involve overnight stay if Cancun departure is in the morning.

1. Ferry San Pedro - Chetumal. Taxi to Bus Station. Bus to Playa. Change for Airport bus/shuttle.

2. Fly Corozal. Henry Menzies VIP Transfers picks you up at Airstrip Drives you to Airport in Cancun. Have minibuses seating up to 10 or more? The more you have the cheaper it is per person.

3. As 2. but Thunderbolt Water taxi to Corozal.

Last edited by Phil; 10/09/10 12:26 PM.
M
M
One more option is the Maya Island Air flight from Belize City to Cancun, but it's not cheap and I don't think it's daily anymore.

Depending on your time & budget, I think a good route is the water taxi from Ambergris to Chetumal (about 1.5 hours), then the ADO express bus to Playa del Carmen (4.5 hours), then the airport shuttle bus to the airport (1 hour). I wouldn't go to Corozal to get a bus to Chetumal.

If you can't get to the airport in one day, Playa del Carmen might be a good place to overnight, then get the airport shuttle bus the next day.

Be aware that there are 2 bus terminals in Playa. The bus from Chetumal arrives at a different terminal than the one from which the airport shuttle buses depart.

I have details of the trip by bus from Belize City, and more information about all the transportation options:
http://belizebus.wordpress.com/

Last edited by MisterB266; 10/09/10 02:46 PM.
F
F
We did the trip from San Pedro to Cancun to catch our flight out of Mexico. Went to the Jet Xpress (think it left around 8 or 8:30am)and headed to Chetumal. Once in Chetumal we got a taxi to the bus terminal and purchased a ticket to Cancun. We stayed the night in Cancun and took a bus to the airport the following morning.

S
S
One more option is to take the flight to Corozal, then the transfer with one of the 3 transfer companies, Mr. Menzies, Jorge Morales or Alvin Lesley or take the boat to Chetumal and then in Chetumal negotiate the price with a taxi driver. It should not be more than 150 US$ or 1800 Pesos and you can even negotiate a stop in Playa del Carmen. But you must ask several taxi drivers and really negotiate as you might have a range of offers from 1800 to 2800 Pesos.

As soon as there are 2 people traveling it's not very expensive anymore, much faster and very convenient. I used to send taxi drivers to Cancun to pick up customers, and everything worked out fine. There was no chance to catch the last flight or boat to AC so I even organized the overnight in Chetumal and pick-up the next day to Corozal and first flight over to Ambergris Cay.
If you send a PM to me I even have a phone number of a taxi driver from Chetumal who does the trip for 1800 Pesos and would pick you up from the street outside the muelle fiscal (as ordinary taxis may not enter into the muelle).

Again another beautiful day in paradise - just smile and be happy :-)
O
O
Chetumal-Cancun-200.00-USD
e-mail:[email protected]

C
C
Actually the airport bus leaves from both bus stations in Playa every hour until late at nite. Make sure to make reservations as I have seen folks show up last minute with no tickets and the bus if full, not good if you have to wait another hour.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
C
C
Recently I booked my ticket online for the ADO GL bus from Chetumal to Playa Del Carmen. It left at 12:30 p.m. and arrived in Playa at 4:45 p.m. Cost was $28 U.S. Something to remember: Mexico is 1 hour ahead of Belize now.

C
C
We are in Playa, did the trip today with a bit of a change. We left the dock in Chetumal at 11:45 after taking San Pedro Express and took a private 10 passenger van that they will arrange for you on the boat. $22.00 to Tulum..no taxi fare to bus station etc, more comfortable than bus. They stopped a few times when requested for food and bathroom breaks. Got to Tulum at 1:50. 10 minutes later Playa bus came in and for another $6.00 we were in Playa at 2:45...2 to 3 hours quicker than going ADO all the way, now we are spoiled....and in the end it cost almost exactly the same...US $..

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
Best way and cost for six to get from Corozal to bus station in Chetumal?

"But WHY's the rum gone?

www.wadethegringo.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 217 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.