Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
OP Offline
F
Trying to bring the kids down for an after Christmas vacation through New Years. Tickets are so high during that time. From our home town it's going to cost $7,000 (there's 5 of us)and not including our Tropic Air Flight. We've done the Cancun route, however, the flights are high as well and we'd lose 3 days due to arrival/departure times. I found some reasonable tickets to Honduras, San Salvador, and Guatamala. Once in either of those 3 countries, it's still pretty high to fly into Belize. Are there other options from those countries to get to Belize? Thanks.

M
M
From Guatemala City, there are express buses to Flores, then to Belize City. Fuente del Norte is the best one.

From Honduras, there are water taxis from Puerto Cortes to Placencia and Dangriga.

More details on my BelizeBus site.
http://belizebus.wordpress.com/

F
OP Offline
F
Can you give me the link again to the Belize bus site? Is there a website I can go to and find out about the water taxi from Honduras to to Placencia? Thanks.

F
OP Offline
F
Oops, just saw your link at the end of the page on the bus site. Thanks.

P
P
Try TAG from guatemala city to Flores and then bus or get driver to go to bc then take boat or fly to island. Or get a driver to pick you up in Flores and bring you to municipal. I use a driver, ends up being cheaper and a lot less hassle

S
S
I did the trip within the last days in both directions - it's OK if you're ordinary size - I'm 6'5" and then it's a little bit more painful.
In addition when I was on the night bus last night (Fuente del Norte) I was really scared as the bus driver was very close to sleep: The last hour (before reaching Melchor de Mencos - Border to Belize) was really dangerous and I was very close to stop the driver. I would never again travel 2nd class: You must travel 1st class and then it still could be rough.

From Guatemala City there are extremely comfortable buses with seats like beds to Flores (ADN - which is a Fuente del Norte company - 9pm and 10pm - terminal just around the corner from Fuente del Norte in the Zona 1). The best way find out schedules is on http://thebusschedule.com/. There are schedules for all countries in the Americas.

Besides the boat option from Honduras there are companies running buses with great comfort - most comfortable is "King Quality" (http://www.king-qualityca.com) and very good comfort is "Ticabus" (www.ticabus.com). Both need an overnight in San Salvador. Buses from San Salvador leave around 6am and arrive Guatemala City around 11am.

Crossing the borders is much easier than crossing the Belize border: In most of the borders you can even stay seated (except the Guatemalan side of the SAL - GUA border).

Best complete overview and very accurate with price information can be found in Lonely Planet. Go to the country of your choice, click on getting there and getting around and you'll find all information (for example for San Salvador at http://www.lonelyplanet.com/el-salvador/transport/getting-there-away).
By the way: Ticabus is connected to cheap and clean hotels in destination cities and the Tica Terminal is even in the building of the hotels. So you get up and just go downstairs to check in in to your bus.

Again another beautiful day in paradise - just smile and be happy :-)

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 340 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.