Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I
ivyjade Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Hi:

I'm booked to stay at the Hotel del Rio my first night, but don't have anything booked after that..I'm travelling with a friend who'd like to stay fairly inexpensively, but also at a reasonably quiet place if possible (I know, I'm not asking for much eh? ;-> ) Any suggestions would be appreciated..As well, does anyone know if I may run into problems if I don't book everything in advance? I'll be in AC the week of May 27th-June 3rd..

Thanks!

Ivy...depends on your idea of frugal..I stayed at Coconuts and was really really happy! The staff is exceptional and treat you like family..I felt I was at home kind of comfortable....
During off season it's around 60US, but you get coffee and coconut cakes from 7-10am...
the rooms have 2 full sized beds which I found very good for my lame back..they also have AC. The view from the outside bar allows for great sunrises! The only down side is a barge that ties up next door. After a while it just became part of the landscape..Also, if you like wadeing there's a sand bar there that allows you to walk pretty far out. It is also fairly close to town..about a 4 min bike ride..which they provide...Bring a flashlight, ask david very nicely and he will let you use them past the 6pm cut off time. There's a ordinance about rideing with a light...a small one will do..I think it's a $5 fine..I never got one though..

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...
Coconuts is an excellent choice!

S
S
Ruby's is always my budget choice. They have rooms with shared baths or two rooms (I believe) with ensuite baths. Right in town, right on the beach.

http://www.roughwriters.com Smooth communications in all media
I
ivyjade Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Thank you for the suggestions about Coconuts..60 US is pretty reasonable except that we're Canadian so that's about 100 dollars CDN I think :-) I'll keep it in mind though and see what I can talk my friend into....Suzan, I had thought about staying at Ruby's..did you ever have a problem with noise when you were there? Thanks!

S
S
ivyjade, Just curious...Why aren't you staying at Hotel del Rio longer? Their rate is only $45 or $48 US/nt. I hope you haven't heard anything bad about the place. I'm staying there for a week in June! AAGGHH!! Please say it ain't so! Sharon

D
D
You should try the Hideaway Sports Lodge.. Reasonable rates, pool, resturant, bar.. Been my favourite for over 10 years now just a short walk south of town, Give them a try.

I
ivyjade Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Sharon - no, I haven't heard bad at all about Hotel del Rio..but my travelling companion just wanted to book our first night and then go from there..I searched on "Hotel del Rio" on this board and didn't find anything bad either..and the folks I've been communicating with have been really great and helpful. Thanks for the suggestion for the Hideaway Lodge...that was my second choice after Hotel del Rio..I e-mailed them both, but Rio responded first, so I booked with them..my only concern was noise..isn't the Hideaway lodge near the airstrip?

S
S
ivyjade, Whew! Had me scared for a minute there! Good luck in your search! Sharon

I
ivyjade Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Shaygray - glad I allayed your fears. [Linked Image] Less than two weeks to go and counting!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.