Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#391099 - 10/26/10 01:12 PM Poly Clinic appeal update Oct 2010
Amanda Syme Offline
San Pedro Poly Clinic II Urgent Roof Repair Update

It has been 6 weeks since the initial appeal went out to the public and private sectors garner financial pledges to assist in making urgent roof repairs to the Poly Clinic buildings. †The estimate to conduct the work is $40,000.00 Bz, a figure that does include a small buffer.

At this time we have secured pledges that amount to $30,000.00 Bz. †

Local business owners Kelly and Mukul Kanabar of Paradise Management (offering para-legal services), Blue Water Grill, Caliente and Red Ginger restaurants have very generously offered to match all donations raised. †Keeping this pledge in mind this means that we need to raise only $5,000 Bz more which, once matched by the Kanabars, will add up to the final $10,000.00 needed to proceed with the project.

Bennys Home Centre - <bennys.bz> the construction materials supplier has agreed to a 25% discount for all materials that are purchased via Bennys.

The Friends of San Pedro - <friendsofsanpedro.org>††is†a US non- profit organization that offers an open-book charity serving the public needs of San Pedro, Belize has collected a substantial percentage of the pledges received to date. †FOSP provides the ability for people to make donations via credit card or paypal on-line. But please be sure to specify the poly clinic project when making the donation.

Other donors include - Caye Casa/Julie Babcock, Pelican Properties, Sunrise Realty, Cliff and Joanne Arthurs, Maya Rental House/Lisa Morley, Stell and John Stapleton, Sunbreeze Suites and Sunbreeze Hotel, Tsunami Skydivers & Indigo residences. †The Ministry of Health has approved a payment of $8,000.00 Bz.†

I realize that many of the people receiving this letter may not directly use the Poly Clinic services, but chances are high that somebody in your employ does depend on the clinic. †I also think that is important that we realize that many of our businesses are regulated by our public health officer who has her office at the polyclinic.† All health certificates for bar and restaurants workers are obtained there.† Furthermore all vaccinations for the children of this island are performed at the Polyclinic.† This is an invaluable service to our community.

I realize that people get exasperated about constant requests for assistance that are made to improve or maintain government equipment and facilities - but without the support and financial assistance of the private sector we would not have police vehicles, or the coast guard and BDF facilities. †If we didn't help to fund the Holy Cross Anglican school then there would be another 400 plus kids not receiving an education in our town. The stark reality is that the crucial repairs will not occur unless funding is located for the project and without the repairs the clinic is in danger of shutting down.

At this point the final $10,000.00 Bze is needed in order for this project to get the green light go ahead.†There is a buffer included in the budget and I am hopeful that we should come in under budget in light of the discount we will be receiving from Benny's. † Funds will be managed by SPBA and all monies will be accounted for. †If your company can afford anywhere between $50 to $200 Bz to put towards this cause I feel that we will be able to achieve our target within the next week. †

Please email the SPBA with your pledge amount to: <info@sanpedrobusiness.com> †Deadline:†November 15, 2010††

If we do not meet our goal all contributions/donations will be returned in a timely manner.

Thank you for your support of our community.

Yours truly
Amanda Syme
San Pedro Business Association

#391102 - 10/26/10 02:32 PM Re: Poly Clinic appeal update Oct 2010 [Re: Amanda Syme]
Amanda Syme Offline
Wow - fantastic news. After reading this final appeal here on this message board a donor has kindly pledged the final $5,000 Bz needed for the project.

A huge thank you to the part time resident of Solaria!

I will be contacting everyone who has made a pledge so that I can now collect donations.

I will post an update as we move along with the project.

#391103 - 10/26/10 02:41 PM Re: Poly Clinic appeal update Oct 2010 [Re: Amanda Syme]
SP Daily Offline
Good going!

#391105 - 10/26/10 03:21 PM Re: Poly Clinic appeal update Oct 2010 [Re: SP Daily]
Tim Callanan Offline
Wow what a relief,good going ; and thanks!
Tina's Island Life

#391118 - 10/26/10 05:47 PM Re: Poly Clinic appeal update Oct 2010 [Re: Tim Callanan]
azbob Offline
Great news! A needed service will continue.
"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Marty, 1 invisible), 58 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,711 Topics
461,241 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.