Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
dtill Offline OP
OP Offline
I will arrive in town on 11-05 and be looking to find a place for long term rental. Does anyone have any ideas of who to contact? I will leave on 11-12 to wrap up a few loose ends in the states and return 11-29.

Click on the "Lodging" section here on AC.com. Or click on the "San Pedro Daily" at the top left of this page. Then go to the classifieds.

Hi please contact me at my email below and let me know what the detail are of your search (location, size, price range) and I will get you some choices to consider!

oops my email isn't below duh - it's [email protected]

dtill Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by AriTrejo
Hi please contact me at my email below and let me know what the detail are of your search (location, size, price range) and I will get you some choices to consider!
Email sent

dtill Offline OP
OP Offline
What does everyone use for cell phones there. I checked with my carrier today they want $ 2.89 a minute to call back to the US. Can you get a pre paid phone there and get a better rate?

R
ron Offline
R
Do a search has been discussed many times. Short answer, bring and unlocked phone, buy a local sim card and minutes and use to call the states. Lat time I checked was abbout $.25 a minute.

In order to have mobile cellular service in Belize, an unlocked GSM (Global System Mobile Communication) 1900 MHz cellular phone is required.

Digicell sim cards cost 50 bzd and you can now go to BTL with valid id and pay $10 to get your number registered in case your phone gets lost or stolen.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Originally Posted by tacogirl
In order to have mobile cellular service in Belize, an unlocked GSM (Global System Mobile Communication) 1900 MHz cellular phone is required.

Digicell sim cards cost 50 bzd and you can now go to BTL with valid id and pay $10 to get your number registered in case your phone gets lost or stolen.

Question: the sim card only activates the unlocked phone, correct? a person would still need to purchase airtime in addition, yes?

A hug is the shortest distance between friends. ~ Author Unknown
JZB Offline
Correct. Usually the SIM card comes with $10bz.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.