Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#39211 - 05/14/01 06:34 PM Days 5 - 8 - My cheeks hurt from . . . . . . . .
B_b_f_b Offline
laughing and smiling so much. Also, I think from the bus ride to and from Laminai, wow that's a bumpy road. I can't remember when I've had this much fun. Everybody there is so nice. Laurie and I rented golf carts on and off and picked up Paisano a couple of times. We also stopped by the fire station and had our pictures taken with two "friendly" firefighters. We have been on that handferry a bunch of times and still can't believe you can actually cross a bridge on a hand pulled ferry. Too funny. We keep eating like there's no tomorrow. Papi from Papi's diner made us so happy. I met so many wonderful people and there's a dog running around AC wondering where I am. If you see him (Wanker) please feed him for me. He was not very nice to locals and he didn't like the bartenders at all. He just needed a little understanding is all or maybe just some rehab.

The children in Belize are wonderful. I will never forget their faces.

I gained 5 pounds in AC in 8 days. I would eat dinner and then go to the vender's carts for a late night snack. I know this is all kind of rambling but so were my last 3 days there. I never met an unfriendly person in Belize outside of a couple of tourists there that were a little funky, but I don't care to think about them.

The bartenders at Mata Rocks were the sweetest. Daniel at Tanisha is wonderful. Barefoot Skinny made me want to dance all night. His wife made me want to buy every piece of jewelry in Fido's. Barefoot, you're a lucky man. KC at Palapa, one of your bartenders made me want to come back all the time and have my battery recharged (our golf cart ran out of charge down by the Palapa bar).

Glad I stayed at Banana Beach, the best place in AC, great women who work there.

You MUST rent a golf cart in AC so you can get around. Also, please wave and smile at everybody you see for me, it's contagious.

#39212 - 05/14/01 06:54 PM Re: Days 5 - 8 - My cheeks hurt from . . . . . . . .
mendi Offline
Becky you are too funny! Your trip reports made me laugh out loud. Thanks for the great reports and for bringing back some of my very happy memories....Now I am even more excited to return. Glad you had such a great time!

#39213 - 05/14/01 06:55 PM Re: Days 5 - 8 - My cheeks hurt from . . . . . . . .
Axeman Offline
Becky..Thanks for the report..wonderful words
I think "wanker" is the same dog I befriended..he barked at all the locals..and protected me like a champ...was too funny..glad you fed him, he works hard for his dinner!
Was this your first trip?..and if so when are you going back?...hehe

Another one hooked...you brought me back..I really needed it...had a wicked day at work and almost forgot that AC feeling...shame on me...
Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...

#39214 - 05/14/01 07:00 PM Re: Days 5 - 8 - My cheeks hurt from . . . . . . . .
B_b_f_b Offline
I will post a picture of him later this week, he looks like he's mixed with doberman and collie and something else. There are people around campfires in the US telling stories of this dog, he's no ordinary dog. He actually almost got me locked up one night. He attacked one of the guards in AC one night and they weren't too happy with him. Anyway, the police in San Pedro are just the nicest guys (chuckle, chuckle). I am in love with this place and the people I met there. I will try to report more of this trip if you guys don't mind. You will have to read my little clip in the General Chat area to hear about the nicest guy I met who's been in some really nice movies. You will know his name when you read the post. I'll post more later. Thanks all for laughing with me. Wanker, I love you man.

#39215 - 05/14/01 07:40 PM Re: Days 5 - 8 - My cheeks hurt from . . . . . . . .
B_b_f_b Offline
Axeman, Mendi you wouldn't even believe the time I had, actually I'm sure you can. We had such fun. From the little boy in the Bomba Village to KC at Palapa. I will never forget my time in AC, yes I have caught the fever. I'm just happy that I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford trips like this. I WILL BE BACK!!!!!!!!!!! My pictures are due back soon and I promise to post them. Maybe I shouldn't cuz there's a policeman riding around in a golfcart looking for me cuz of Wanker, just joking. All kidding aside, the dogs there broke my heart because I am avid animal lover and yes wanker was being a wanker, but what can you do. Oh well we are seriously going to do a reunion. So many boardies met up at the Chicken Drop and it was a hoot. The prices were so much better this time of the year. I will be there, hope you all can come too.

#39216 - 05/14/01 09:14 PM Re: Days 5 - 8 - My cheeks hurt from . . . . . . . .
nickwild Offline
What a great writer you are, it almost feels like I was holiday with you I am hoping to move to AC and I have not even been there yet.

I can tell by the love that is put into every word about AC and especially SP that it truly a magical place.

In case you think I am mad about moving to a place I have not been to I think of it as a sort of internet love affair and I know someone who is going to marry a guy she met on the net , so believe me internet love can be the real thing.

Thanks again for your wonderful trip report it really brings AC alive for me.

By the way did the british soldiers tell you what "Wanker" means

All the best

#39217 - 05/14/01 09:19 PM Re: Days 5 - 8 - My cheeks hurt from . . . . . . . .
B_b_f_b Offline
Nick, I moved down to Jamaica about 5 years ago and boy did I make the wrong choice, there is a feeling running through the streets of San Pedro that I can't explain. Run Nick to San Pedro, do not pass go. I will write more tomorrow about what I learned there as far as if I would ever move there. Do you need a dog?

#39218 - 05/14/01 09:20 PM Re: Days 5 - 8 - My cheeks hurt from . . . . . . . .
Gaz Cooper Offline
Hi Guys

Glad your having a great time here on Ambergris, I had to smile when you mentioned so elequently the name of the dog you befriended.

As a transplanted Brit i have to ask if you know what the dogs name means to someone from Great Britain ??

My guess is you do not, this is a familly board so I cant be too explicit but lets just say that I would not call anyone from england a wanker you may not like the reaction you get :-)

thanks for making me smile though enjoy the rest of your trip

All the best

Gaz Cooper
Playa Blanca Resort
Beachfront Units starting at $30,000

#39219 - 05/14/01 09:33 PM Re: Days 5 - 8 - My cheeks hurt from . . . . . . . .
nickwild Offline
Hi again,
I am a Brit too so I know about the dog Becky I have a dog and 5 cats so I don't need any more. The cost of transporting the little zoo I have will probably bankrupt me as it is.

Be fore you ask I have so many because I am a big softy and cant see anything suffer so I end up taking them home. Same as a couple of ex's

Anyway Gaz can fill you in on the dog

all the best

#39220 - 05/14/01 09:50 PM Re: Days 5 - 8 - My cheeks hurt from . . . . . . . .
Axeman Offline
Becky...a bunch of us are trying to get down the 29th or so of OCT..will keep you updated..and the name..well gaz said it..it's a slang for master....
tion...hope I don't get kicked off...please marty..I'll never say it again...or just AX the post..np
Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 30 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,697 Topics
461,210 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.