Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
OP Offline
D
Can anyone recommend a great charter for deep sea fishing in the AC area? Dell and I will be leaving KS on 5/24 and we are counting the days!!! Would love to see him fight a big one...also any updates on the pica pica status this week? Thanks in advance, Donna

M
M
I got some on Sunday off St George's and got it very bad off Placencia on Wednesday. Dive masters rinse with vinegar after the dive, but I hear ammonia is much better. If you get it, use Eurax lotion and atarax antihistimine. I've been humbled by pica pica, so ask before you dive.

Katie Valk
Maya Travel Services

Maya Travel Services
D
OP Offline
D
Katie, Thanks for your response. I've been reading about Safe Sea on the message board and our delivery just arrived. Heard it works well, so we will wait and see if it works. It is supposed to protect against sea lice and "most" jellyfish.
Donna

L
L
I just returned from 8 days and was in the water numerous times every day. Grew up on the beach and am a total water baby. No problem with pica pica for me, but I heard of a couple of instances. Chances are not likely that you will run into it.

Laurie.

S
S
FYI.....I just ordered some Safe Sea. I talked with someone at a local dive shop. She said that the stuff worked great. She had several run-ins with pica pica ("really bad...nasty"). She uses the stuff every time she dives now and hasn't gotten stung since. Could be a coincidence, but.....

The lotion costs $12.95 for a 4oz bottle (no S&H unless you want it shipped express). Comes in different SPF's or no SPF. All protect the same. Happy diving! Sharon

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 306 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.