Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Sting Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I need to file a complaint with whomever controls the bridge tolls as the ol' guy and woman in the booth have attempted to rip me off twice now. The ol' guy taking the money, not knowing my girlfriend speaks fluent spanish took my cash and told the booth lady to just rip them off with the change. Hahaaa.. SO funny.. Then, next time I go to pay the lady and she says the toll charge is in US. But the next time the guy says it's in BZ.!!! So we need some clarification on the sign and I will be calling San Pedro Police to the booth next time it happens. But I would like to file a complaint if anyone knows the person in charge?

Originally Posted by Sting
I need to file a complaint with whomever controls the bridge tolls as the ol' guy and woman in the booth have attempted to rip me off twice now. The ol' guy taking the money, not knowing my girlfriend speaks fluent spanish took my cash and told the booth lady to just rip them off with the change. Hahaaa.. SO funny.. Then, next time I go to pay the lady and she says the toll charge is in US. But the next time the guy says it's in BZ.!!! So we need some clarification on the sign and I will be calling San Pedro Police to the booth next time it happens. But I would like to file a complaint if anyone knows the person in charge?

Great question because no one knows. It was built by the Bowen's and the tolls were only supposed to pay for the construction of the bridge. Once the construction costs were paid off, then the tolls should have been terminated. The bridge has now been paid off and the tolls still continue.

Good luck getting the cops to come help you out. I had to call them one day because some thug was standing right in front of our cafe smoking weed (in broad daylight) and also trying to sell it to my customers and incoming tourists. Since this is one of the busiest spots on the island I thought they might be interested in stopping this kind of action. So 2.5 hours later, they showed up and the guy was obviously gone after offending COUNTLESS people. I wouldnt expect them to come out to assist very quickly.

I would just go straight to the Town Council....you might have a little luck with them. Pablo Ico is one of the most helpful and accessible people you will find. If not there, then try the BTB. They at least act like they care and they tend to realize that actions like this actually hurt tourism.

Last edited by P.J.; 11/12/10 12:39 PM.

PJ
Talk about a Freudian slip.... when I first read the title of this post I thought it said "Who is in charge of the bridge TROLL"

Which, in my opinion, is pretty much the same.

Change your Latitude
Originally Posted by shuffles
Talk about a Freudian slip.... when I first read the title of this post I thought it said "Who is in charge of the bridge TROLL"

Which, in my opinion, is pretty much the same.

Haha.....so we can hope that he isnt on the forum? I doubt he is. smile

PJ
I still don't get it! I've never,ever paid a toll at the bridge. I've never been stopped or ask to pay.
However, I've never stopped and asked hea! who wants my money? who do I pay?
Do you guys stop and ask? or maybe look around for some guy sleeping and wake him to give him some money? whats up with this?

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
The first time I ever crossed the bridge, I didnt pay but when I came back, the old man actually stood up and flagged us down to tell us that we owed him $10 for the round trip. I didnt realize that there was even a toll and I definitely blew up at him when I watched two other carts pass us without paying and they just happened to have darker skin than my wife and I. But Im sure they had a bridge pass or maybe they just prepaid. It MUST be one of those scenarios because it couldnt possibly be racism.

PJ
Lot's of people buy monthly bridge passes. You can get them at the town council office.

When I cross the bridge I make sure that I get my tickets. The price of $5Bz is printed on the ticket and is the charge for a one way crossing.

If the bridge has been paid for seems to me its time to hook a chain around the toll (troll) booth attached to a couple of high powered golf carts and ripped from its foundation!! Thats bullshit that people get away with raping the public that way!

Originally Posted by P.J.
Originally Posted by Sting

Great question because no one knows. It was built by the Bowen's and the tolls were only supposed to pay for the construction of the bridge. Once the construction costs were paid off, then the tolls should have been terminated. The bridge has now been paid off and the tolls still continue.

Good luck getting the cops to come help you out. I had to call them one day because some thug was standing right in front of our cafe smoking weed (in broad daylight) and also trying to sell it to my customers and incoming tourists. Since this is one of the busiest spots on the island I thought they might be interested in stopping this kind of action. So 2.5 hours later, they showed up and the guy was obviously gone after offending COUNTLESS people. I wouldnt expect them to come out to assist very quickly.

I would just go straight to the Town Council....you might have a little luck with them. Pablo Ico is one of the most helpful and accessible people you will find. If not there, then try the BTB. They at least act like they care and they tend to realize that actions like this actually hurt tourism.

"Be all that you can be"
B
B
The toll bridge is a good deterent for traffic congestion in the north. With no toll there would be traffic jams on a Sunday afternoon all the way to Elberts house.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.