Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#392898 11/16/10 10:43 AM
T
tjg62 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Sorry...new to this and perhaps could find answer if I searched long enough...but can anyone tell me the hours of operation for the toll bridge? Hoping to rent a golf cart for our stay at Captain Morgan's, but want to make it worth the money...thanks.

I think you can cross that bridge 24/7, but you only have to pay during a certain number of hours. Not exactly sure when those hours are, but Im sure one of the locals that lives up north could tell you.

Thats a very long and bumpy ride to & from Captain Morgans each day. The Coastal Express water taxi is a much fast option and then you could rent a cart or catch a cab for anything you needed in town. Just my 2 cents.

PJ
I agree - carts are expensive and the roads are not good. Right now there is a lot of constuction going on as new power poles are being put in from the bridge to Journeys End.
I know Capt. Morgan's even has several boats each day coming and going to town. Taxi's are very in expensive and you can walk almost anywhere you would like to go.
Joe's Bike Rental is another option.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
T
tjg62 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thanks for the feedback...will take this all into consideration!

I would do the water taxi for sure. We stay at Capt Morgan's each year and each year the road gets worse. Ask at the desk about when CM's boats are going in and take the water taxi back. Yes as Harriet said the taxis in town are inexpensive.

Enjoy!

C
C
another thought is that it doesn't feel very safe after dark on that back road. My 10 year old son and I had an "adventure" when we rented a golf cart, we then broke down south of the airstrip (close to ras safari) and after about 2 hours we were rescued by a security guard. A wire had come loose that made the battery work. we drove our golf cart back to the resort,3 miles north of the cut, and right after the bridge, a drunk gringo hopped on our cart and "hitched" a ride. He was obnoxious, beligerent, and scary. Fearing for the safety of both myself and my son, I tried to play it cool, driving the drunk to his location. He left the cart, and left us alone, but it was very unsettling, and the next few miles in the dark fely very lonely. It is not a ride I will ever do again, and I regret putting myself and my son in that danger in the first place.

hours of operation are 7 am to 9 pm.

L
L
inexpensive taxis?! u must be kidding! they are one of the biggest rip-offs on the island!

Taxi's are so cheap I don't understand how they survive or understand why they don't just charge more.
LivinginBelize you must not get out much. Taxis on the rest of the planet wouldn't let you sit in them for what San Pedro Taxis charge to drive you across town!
I pay 5bz (2.50us) for a ride around in town that outrageously cheap! Day before yesterday i paid 15bz for a taxi to take me to two stores and wait while i shopped, then drop me off at the ferry - 15bz dollars!! that's an unheard of price compared to the rest of the world.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Elbert is right!
WARNING - When they tell you the dollar amount and you ask "US of Belize?" guess what their answer is going to be? Yep - they will say US since you obviously don't know. It took me several times before I caught on.
So, in Belize dollars and with gas at almost $10 BZ I too wonder how they make ends meet. Oh - Duh - silly me - side lines!

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.