Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#394073 12/03/10 04:05 PM
OP Offline
I would like to do some fishing from the docks and the shore and was wondering if the locals care and if people frown on this. I would catch and release unless i got lucky and caught a keeper for a one night dinner, and hopefully find a place that would cook it for us. We will be staying fairly close to town.
I'm wondering if I should pack my fishing gear?
I will probably go on a fishing charter for a day but want to do some fishing on my own too.

J
J
Do yourself a favor. Hire a guide for a day or more. You can catch and release Permit, Bonefish or Tarpon and keep some (cleaned) snappers for dinner. Parnell Cox is a first class guide on Caye Caulker. One day with him includes lunch, water and soft drinks, ice, live bait. I've fished with Parnell for the last 4 years and will see him again in 2011.
His cell phone number is: 660-7118

Tight lines & soft breezes.....

E
E
Piers are open to the public, just dont leave a mess behind.

I hear there is some good hunting on the mainland!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3pEANxjaq0

grin

P
P
I tell our guests who ask this question to use the guidleline that if the Dock is a Hotel dock, or has a SCUBA or Snorkel Tour Operator not to fish from it as they have often set up snorkel areas and artificial reefs around the dock for their guests who pay to see fish in the water, not on a hook.

Phil a good point you are on the money again
there is lots of places to fish here why
go to a spot that they have tried to make a
man made reef ! stay away from hotel docks
clean up after you will have no problem
for good spots pm me here I will share some good spots to fish from the beach or dock that are fisherman friendly..
And to joe2 angels just for the record there are some of the best guides here on Sanpedro who know the waters like the back of there hand why have a guide from Caye caulker.our local guides are wonderful . and produce great catches and fun living the dream times...Tight lines and good fishing to all ..

Living The Dream Every Day!

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 131 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,025
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.