Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
THE TRUCKS RACED THROUGH HERE ALL NIGHT LAST NIGHT.
They are having a difficult time navigating the corner where they have to make a 90 degree turn to continue north (as opposed to 90 degrees right to go to the Palapa Bar).

The fence post there is taking a beating.

Exactly where is all this fill going? Is is being put on the north/south road or is it going to the east/west road?

How many trucks are they running? As it sounds like they are crossing the bridge exactly where is it being loaded?

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
Poor bridge I hope it doesn't collapse and cut off the north island form the pestilence of San Pedro.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
C
C
Can anyone post a picture of what's going on . Has anyone witnessed the actual road building . I'm curious such as size of truck , how many trucks ,what are they hauling (stone ,sand or other) where did the material come from ,What are they using to spread this out with, any drainage .Is this a temporary fix and was anyone told this was going to happen . I didn't think there are any secrets on the island. Thanks and sorry for all the questions.

They are crossing the bridge. They are loaded with what looks like gravel and sand.This morning on my way into town from Buena Vista, I had to pull over for seven HUGE dump trucks to pass on their way north.

K
K
With any luck they will spill some in a few select areas on their way. wink

S
S
No bribing going on. No body up here knew anything about it until it started being constructed a few days ago. Most likely, Town Council and Mr. Heredia wanted it done to impress the people coming and it happened. Personally, I wish the materials had gone to San Mateo or around town where they really need it.

Last edited by scubawalk; 12/10/10 09:18 PM.

"Just another Day in Paradise"
B
B
Originally Posted by scubawalk
No bribing going on. No body up here knew anything about it until it started being constructed a few days ago. Most likely, Town Council and Mr. Heredia wanted it done to impress the people coming and it happened. Personally, I wish the materials had gone to San Mateo or around town where they really need it.

I meant the bribing involved in building large upscale resort so the Presidents have a nice place to stay. Since those happen to all be on the north side, then the road to the north is getting fixed.

I just dont understand why they would do this now? Let the roads look terrible and let them stay in [#%!] poor condition so that Barrow will actually see what people have to deal with and then he MIGHT get it fixed. But then again, if he sent the money to AC then Elsa would probably be building her THIRD beachfront mansion.

Ahhhh.....Belize. smile

P
P
Higher authority than Town Council I'd guess as a serious amount of money has been spent and the trucks are Ministry of Works from the Mainland - 5 Ton Dump Trucks double wheel base, full of hardcore continually back and forth at least two of them plus the local trucks.

P
P
Originally Posted by elbert
Poor bridge I hope it doesn't collapse and cut off the north island form the pestilence of San Pedro.

North!?!?!?!

I fear that the Lazy Croc will need a whole new dining room now that it's easy for us to get there ------ ribs and chicken here we come!!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 359 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.