Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#39504 - 05/18/01 07:25 PM San Pedro Stray Animals could use some help!
munichchick Offline
I noticed that some of you got attached to some cute black beach dog. So I know there are animal lovers out there. We also noticed some sweet stray doggies and want to help.
There is a wonderful veteranian in San Pedro
Dr. Bronwen and she started the Saga Society
Animal Shelter. They are helping many animals already but need more help. Here is the web site so you can see their great work. http://ambergriscaye.com/sagasociety/
I will bring some items down with me they need but you can also just make a little donation.

#39505 - 05/18/01 07:40 PM Re: San Pedro Stray Animals could use some help!
B_b_f_b Offline
I will make a donation. Thanks for the info.

#39506 - 05/18/01 08:12 PM Re: San Pedro Stray Animals could use some help!
munichchick Offline
Great Becky! You are such a Sweetheart. I am sure the Saga Society will put it to good use.

#39507 - 05/18/01 08:20 PM Re: San Pedro Stray Animals could use some help!
swayflo Offline
Good Job! I am leaving tomorrow for AC and have a whole duffel bag filled w/ supplies for SAGA. I'm sure even the smallest donation would help, or if you are planning a trip just find out what they need before you go. Those animals really appreciate the help!! Plus it's good for the island, noone wants to see sick homeless animals when they're on vacation. I know I don't ever want to see it!
Peace, Susan

#39508 - 05/18/01 08:26 PM Re: San Pedro Stray Animals could use some help!
lmarquis Offline
Susan, I will carry your duffel bag. Have fun!

#39509 - 05/18/01 08:49 PM Re: San Pedro Stray Animals could use some help!
munichchick Offline
Susan! What will you bring? Can you give me a tip on what they need the most. Dr. Bronwen wanted some Frontline and used vet instruments but my Vet didn't help me with this at all. Now I have to find other itmes to bring and I want to buy these things soon.

#39510 - 05/18/01 08:50 PM Re: San Pedro Stray Animals could use some help!
lmarquis Offline
I just read the web site and looked at the photos of those poor animals prior to being cared for. Unfortunately, this is a fact of life all over the world. My dad has been a vet for 40 years and I used to work for him years ago. I have seen it all. The key to the stray animal problem is to spay and neuter.

#39511 - 05/18/01 09:53 PM Re: San Pedro Stray Animals could use some help!
munichchick Offline
And this is exactly what Dr. Bronwen is doing. Since San Pedro is small eventually this problem should get better.

#39512 - 05/18/01 10:16 PM Re: San Pedro Stray Animals could use some help!
BadKitty Offline
I volunteer for an organization here in San Diego, actually it is located in Rosarito, Baja California, who rescues the dogs and cats from the streets of Mexico and brings them up here for adoption every Saturday. It is all too sad. They have almost 400 dogs at their ranch as we speak, some of them are too old or just to sick to adopt, but we do pretty well 3 or 4 dogs a week, to very good homes!!

Anyway, a lot of our donations come from an abundance of which the local, and private shelters get from the community. Anyone planning on going to AC and wanting to help the animals should go to a local or private shelter to see if they have any extras they can give away. You will probably get a better response from the private shelters, as they do not have to deal with county regulations and such.

I was planning on coming to AC this Aug./Sept., and planning to bring treats to the Seven Seas Dog, and street dogs, including this Wanker I keep hearing about. Unfortunately we could not get a room through my mother in laws timeshare. We will be going to Playa Del Carmen and Cozumel instead, it will still be a lot of fun, but I will be dreaming of Belize, it sounds so great. But when I do come down, I would be happy to volunteer, giving baths and stuff, mange vaccine ect.

Cheers to everyone who helps with these poor dog and cats!!

Joanna

#39513 - 05/18/01 10:45 PM Re: San Pedro Stray Animals could use some help!
swayflo Offline
Okay, She gave me a list of things she needs, but I wasn't able to get all of the things that I wanted to take. I asked my vet for donations of old surgical items, but instead he gave me 3 boxes of expired lactated ringers(fluids given when sick). I should have asked other vets as well, but I didn't. I don't know if she can use the fluids or not, but I'm bringing them anyway. A local wildlife rehaber donated syringes and bottles. I bought a large container of dewormer and I would have gotten more, but it was expensive. Oh, I also found some eye drops that I have for my dogs(but haven't used in a while and figured it's easier for me to get another when needed). Finally, I felt like I didn't have enough so I went to Walmart and bought some latex gloves, iodine, gauze and tape. I still feel like I should get more, but hopefully this little bit will help for a little while anyway. She definitly mentioned surgical equipment, so if anyone can get their hands on anything..grab it. It makes me feel good that so many people want to be involved!! I've read many happy posts about the dogs and it's good to try to give them something back. Oh yeah, Papaflo is bringing dog treats also! Her email is saga@btl.net if you want to ask her anything specific. Good Luck!!!!
Peace, Susan

P.S. tomorrow at this time I'll be in AC!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,058 Topics
462,302 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.