Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

At the top of our newscast tonight is a most unusual homicide; it happened on Monday night. The suspect is the son-in-law of the victim and a well known chef in the Ladyville area. Peter King is expected to be charged for the murder of Argentina Arevalo Garcia, a resident from Indian Church Village. Arevalo was visiting her daughter, who is separated from King when her life was cut short. What triggered her murder is not known, but there was an apparent attempt at a cover-up. News Five's Jose Sanchez found out that King was surprised with the body by the cops.

Jose Sanchez, Reporting

The mother of Leslie Garcia was killed on Monday night in Ladyville. The alleged murderer is Garcia's ex-common law husband, Peter King, the proprietor of King's Cuisine Restaurant, located outside the international airport. Argentina Arevalo Garcia came to bring her grandchildren to see their mother, Leslie Garcia. Garcia was visiting the residence and restaurant of her ex.

Leslie Garcia, Daughter of Murder Victim

leslie garcia

"Well she's fifty and she was to turn fifty on January twenty-first. She just came yesterday and we were going to plan for Christmas because we usually spend Christmas over there. She just came and left the baby. My baby was with her for almost 2 weeks. We decided to bring back the baby. Well so she came and bring the baby but then after that Peter asked her to please stay after twelve o clock and help mind the baby. And after that he asked me to inform my mom that he was ready to go to the junction and drop her so that she can ketch the bus. That was it, I see my ma gone. No problem, no discussion between him and her, no problem no discussion between him and her. None at all."

But Peter then relayed a series of lies to Garcia to cover up the murder he had allegedly just committed inside a blue SUV.

Leslie Garcia

"By two, two-thirty, he called me and told me he knocked down the person by Perez Street in Ladyville. And the thing is that he noh have no license; either he no have no license or the vehicle. He told me he is hiding from the police, so I called him and I told him to get back to the incident where it happened and find the person and arrange something. He said he did. That was around five o'clock. Even the chief security of Ladyville called him because they are close friends to him. They ask him if he was ok and he said yes he is ok. He didn't explain it to the chief, but he already fixed the problem. He said he went to mile thirteen on the highway and on his way coming back, the car bruk down and he is trying to fix it. I came home and I tried to mind my babies and I said they were ok."

About four the morning inside the restaurant and residence leased from Embassy Hotel, Garcia received a phone call. It came from King's phone but she did not answer. She did not know that the person calling was a police officer. Apparently King was stopped by officers on the Northern Highway after he failed to stopped at the airport road junction. The body of Argentina Garcia and three paperback bibles were found inside. He confessed on the roadside.

Leslie Garcia

"Bout round seven o'clock I called him to say I'm taking my baby back to the village. That's when police answered and told me my mother was dead. My mom and him didn't have a good relationship any at all because he always use to be a person who miserable when she deh around. My mom always try to cooperate with this relationship not because of him but because of us. I could see that regardless she never like him, she always used to try. I mean the things she use to do, she was there helping us. He never appreciated. The way how it seems, he dah if she neva mi get hurt this time, he was going to kill me and my kids. I don't know how true it is that true. I don't know and today by a coincidence, if we mi stay together, we mi wah turn five years together-today the fourteenth."

Garcia had left King over two months ago. She says there was abuse in the relationship.

Leslie Garcia

"The last two times I left him, the first time he tried to strangle me the same way he did my mother. And I get away. I try forgive him for that. And then this time when I left him he beat me up. I told him this is enough there is no way me and you could get back. But every time I try to tell him that probably it could workout, just for try play smart with him just that he would leave me alone, but it neva did. He said he would never get a woman if it is not me. My girl is two years and a half, Leah and my baby boy, he is four, Joshua."

Jose Sanchez

"At this point you're in a supportive role for your sister?"

Brother of Leslie Garcia

"That's right. Especially for my younger sister, who she will take it harder. But now I guess we just have to move on deal with the problem right now and see what happen afterwards."

Jose Sanchez

"I guess it's all about the kids right now. How difficult or what can you do now. I mean you have to tell the kids not only have they lost their grandmother but the father also."

Leslie Garcia

"He destroyed my life completely. He changed fi we life completely. My kids now noh have nobody as a father to take care of them. My mom gone from me and from my kids life. She was the only one that always was there helping me in every way. She raise my daughter from she two months to this age so I had a lot to appreciate my mom and I sorry I couldn't told her that. Only god knows how I feel and I just hope that god forgive her for everything she done wrong. Cause whatever, she was a good person."

This morning officers combed the area near the restaurant in Ladyville for additional evidence. Reporting for News Five, Jose Sanchez.

King has reportedly confessed to the killing and it is expected that by Wednesday, he will be charged with the murder of Arevalo, who is the one hundred and twenty-first victim this year.

Channel 5

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Jilted chef murders ex-mother-in-law?
[Linked Image]
Police have charged Peter King, 39, a chef and businessman of Ladyville, with the murder of his ex-mother-in-law after they found him with the woman's body in his car.

King, also known as Peter Contreras, to us, was arraigned in the court of Chief Magistrate Margaret McKenzie yesterday, Wednesday, just two days after allegedly committing the senseless act.

Police found King driving his Isuzu Trooper with the body of his victim, Argentina Arevalo Garcia, 50, at 4:20 a.m., two days ago on Tuesday. Police believe that King had been driving around with Garcia's body for over 14 hours after murdering her on Monday, December 13, 2010, around 2:00 p.m.

Amandala spoke with King's ex-girlfriend, Leslie Garcia, daughter of the murder victim, Argentina, a Guatemalan, and a resident of the Orange Walk District. She told us that she was still in a state of shock over what transpired, because there were no warning signs prior to the incident.

Early Tuesday morning at 4:20, a police mobile unit was driving in the direction of Belize City when between Mile 8 and 9 on the Northern Highway, near the junction of the highway and the entrance to the Philip Goldson International Airport, they noticed a blue Isuzu Trooper, with Cayo license plate #C-13942, exiting the road to the airport and moving onto the highway, without stopping at the junction.

Police signaled to the driver to pull over to the side of the Northern Highway, and he complied.

According to police, the man identified himself as Peter King, and explained that he had no identification on him, but it was at his home in Ladyville.

King was ordered by police to exit the vehicle and a search was conducted on his person.

Police said that King had nothing illegal on him, but when they inspected the inside of the Trooper, they saw, at the rear, the motionless body of a Hispanic female, partially wrapped in a white sheet.

King immediately confessed to the officers that the body was that of his mother-in-law, and that he had killed her, a police press release said.

At the time of the arrest, King reportedly was seen with deep scratches all over his face, mainly on the jaw area and around his right and left eyes.

What the police told Leslie Garcia was very disturbing to her: "One of the police officers told me that he told them that he really never meant to do that [kill my mother], and that his intention was to kill me, but because of what I told him [that I was leaving him], he did it [killed my mother]."

Reports to Amandala are that King used a rope to strangle Leslie's mother to death. It is unclear whether the scratches seen on Argentina's right upper shoulder, by her daughter, was due to a struggle before she died, but the evidence seems to indicate this, since Leslie explained that under her mom's fingernails was what appeared to be blood.

It also is unclear what King had been intending to do with the body, but our conversation with Leslie revealed a better understanding of King's personality, and furthermore, the last interaction of the trio on the same day of the murder, on Monday.

Leslie, who is still employed at Peter King's restaurant, "King's Cuisine," in Ladyville, told us that on Monday, her mother had been at the restaurant, which is also King's residence, caring for the ex-couple's two children, a girl, 2, and a boy, 4, something she always did to assist the parents when the business got demanding.

Leslie told us that she has been separated from King, by her own choice, for two months after a failed 5-year relationship.

"Well, I could say it's a long story, but it has to do with his ways. He is a person that is not really aggressive, but for the last year he started to get more aggressive with me. He was also becoming very obsessed with me, and every day after I broke up with him, he ask me the same thing, that he wants me back, and how we should get back together, and I had to tell him that he had to stop asking me that," said Leslie.

Leslie recounted to Amandala, "On Monday [while Argentina had been caring for the two children] he came and asked me to ask my mom if she could stay until twelve to take care of the children. My mother doesn't really speak good English, but she understood that he wanted her to stay longer, and she agreed.

"My mom had to catch the bus up to go to Indian Creek Village [a village in the Orange Walk District where she resides] and so he [King] said that he had to go deliver some food for Shell gas station [in Ladyville], so he could take her the same time. I don't know if he ever delivered the plate of food, because I am sure that if he went there, that she would have gotten out and waited for her bus right there, so I don't know if he just pretended to have to go take the food, or what."

Amandala contacted the Shell gas station and an employee confirmed to us that, "No, nobody ordered food from him; no one ever got food from him."

Police later told us that they did not recover any food from the vehicle.

Leslie revealed more shocking details about that day, explaining that around 1:35 p.m., "He called my phone. I was eating, I remember, and he told me that he knocked down a person and he is frightened, and so I told him that he has to go help the person, and that he needs to take care of that before he comes back."

King had also told Leslie to wait for him at the restaurant, and that between six o'clock and six-thirty in the evening he would pick her and the kids up and bring them to the city, where she resides. However, Leslie, feeling tired, decided to head back without waiting for him.

Apparently, this was a lie concocted by King, who was believed to have just finished strangling Argentina to death around that time, about 1:30-2:00 p.m.

When asked about how the murder of her mother at the hands of her children's father has impacted her, Leslie said that she was feeling guilty that her mother died by her ex-boyfriend's hand.

Leslie told us that she would have never expected anything like that from King, because he never showed signs of thinking such a thing.

"For me it was unbelievable. It's devastating, to be honest. In a way, it is a shame, too, because it is my ex-boyfriend. I feel that it is my fault because I was the one who dated him. I don't see the sense why he had to do that. Even if he never meant to kill her, he could have stopped it; he would have gotten only maybe attempted murder, but he continued and he killed her," said Leslie.

King was charged with a single count of murder, for which he was not allowed to make a plea. He was not granted bail because it is an indictable charge. He was remanded to prison, where he will wait until his next court date, on December 23, 2010.

Amandala

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 345 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.