Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#39546 05/21/01 07:48 PM
C
C
Well my fellow traveller, I am hoping you are prepared for the time of your life! I will be there from June 1st till the 21 of July.

Rubies is a pretty neat place to stay if your coming alone, Not fancy at all depending on what rooms you stay in. Very secure and very safe. I stayed there one night and just enjoyed the night on the veranda looking at the stars and the awesome beach view!

well, I am not much of the information type as I don't stay in hotels or resorts, I just visit them since I have family on the Island...

Some suggestions, depending on your budget:
Got to try renting golf carts, Street vendors at night are simply classic and great fun. People are the friendlyest you will ever see on this earth, you will have no trouble making new friends that could last you a life time.

Ya never know, I might see ya there, have fun! and oh yea, You Better Belize it!

#39547 05/21/01 10:35 PM
J
J
Well Island Girl, I am glad to here that you are going solo before I am. I am going in August5-13 and also staying at seven seas. I will be waiting for your trip report when you get back. Good luck and have lots of fun.
Jackie

#39548 05/22/01 09:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Ken & Lynne - I'm starting a notebook to keep up with recommendations and things I've researched, so I'll put in the info to remind Maria who you were (otherwise I'll probably be so excited I'd forget). Thanks for the reference for snorkeling - it is a passion for me, and I want to go just about every day. I should see if somebody will cut me a deal - like 10 trips for the price of 8. Or better yet, I'll be a stowaway! Do you remember what Mike and Lynn at Barefoot charged for their snorkel trips? I've mainly seen in the $20-$25 range for a 2 1/2 hr. trip.

CovinaKid - I imagine I will see you around. Are you ever lucky to go for soooo long! Not to mention having family to stay with. I started to add a third week, but having to pay room accomodations by myself makes it a little too pricey. You have less than two weeks now, so you must really be having a hard time keeping your feet on the ground.

Jackieo - I think you should change your dates and join me! If I have any particular "girl" tips when I get back, I'll e-mail them to you rather than put them in a trip report. I'll have to keep good notes for the report, otherwise by the second week it will all be running together.

#39549 05/22/01 11:05 AM
L
L
Solo women travelers: I just returned last week from my first solo trip and I had the best vacation of my life! No need to worry about anything. You will meet so many new friends. Enjoy!

Laurie

#39550 05/22/01 09:58 PM
M
M
Island girl..posted last night(or I thought I did) in response to your questions. You will not need earplugs at Seven Seas..vey quiet. Most of the guests get up early to go diving, on tours, or snorkeling, so not to worry about night noise. Rhuligel..have had the same tube for about 2 years, still works, but ask your pharmacist if you have concerns about it..does have an exp. date on the tube. Have a great time!

Mary and Scott
#39551 05/22/01 11:20 PM
Mary and Scott, I don't necessarily agree about not needing earplugs. If that damn dog is still around the corner, it kept me awake night after night. I don't sleep all that well in SP anyway, for some reason, but that dog just made my life hell. I don't think it was Kilomangierowanker because it had an owner. An owner that I gladly would have seen staked out on an anthill, I might add.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#39552 05/23/01 09:38 PM
M
M
Seashell...Sorry about the dog! We did not have any problem with him..but since I usually sleep well on vacation,and the bedroom air-conditioner lulled me to sleep, I was fine.

Mary and Scott
#39553 05/24/01 07:36 PM
K
K
IslandGirl,

Just found Mike & Dawn's (Barefoot Watersports, Ltd.) e-mail address for cost information on snorkeling trips: [email protected]

Ken dove and I snorkeled the famous Blue Hole. We both had an awesome time! I've snorkeled in the Florida Keys and the Bay Islands of Honduras - but had a totally unique experience snorkeling the Blue Hole. I snorkeled around the edge of deep cave walls that invite you to explore their deep blue abyss. Very dramatic! Tune in to to our upcoming trip report for more details...

Lynne

#39554 05/25/01 09:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Lynne - Thanks for the e-mail address for Barefoot Watersports - I'll send them a note. When you snorkeled the Blue Hole, did you go by boat or fly, and was it an overnight trip? I'd love to go, it sounds incredible.

Mary & Scott and Seashell - I'm hoping the dog doesn't bark all the time - maybe I should take ear plugs for me and sleeping pills for the dog! (just kidding). In the BVIs it's the roosters that wake you up at 4:00am and don't stop until after sunrise.

#39555 05/25/01 03:05 PM
Hey Ken, Hey Lynne, when is this trip report coming, we do want to hear more about the blue hole, glad you guys made it there ok. Look for a card in the mail from me. You two were great fun.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 124 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.