Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#395464 12/24/10 08:35 AM
OP Offline
Last night I received a call from a neighbor. He informed me that taxi-vans are now allowed over the bridge and up the island.
He was not happy with the event nor the trend it portends.
I do not know who he spoke to, but "somebody" told him that I supported this taxi thing. He further said that two particular resorts were behind the move, and that there was a permit for taxi's to cross for 30 days. Sounds like something to do with the SICA conference - which lasted THREE days, not thirty. I'd be curious to know what the real situation is. If in fact there is a 30-day permit, we could be looking at forever - and if forever is NOT what we want, we need to speak now.

ON POINT OF CLARIFICATION - I DON'T support cars or trucks or jeeps going over the bridge and up the island.

Its one of those things I think were just going to have to accept. Traffic is coming, and along with it the crime and pestilence, I'm sure that the base for the objection.
We cant change the fact they built a bridge.
Personally ,I'm spending money on a cement wall around my house and carrying a hand gun.
Its coming soon get ready.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
P
P
Have a nice Christmas Elbert!!

S
S
One of our staff just told me we just had a taxi drive by in the back asking for directions.

This is F-in stupid.

I can't wait to see them get stuck in the lagoon.

M
M
Where and how can we protest. They're flying by here just like they do in town, both of which are ridiculous and totally unnecessary. We (and our guests) are furious. The noise, dust, speed, danger, etc. are all unacceptable. It's one of the reasons we bought on this side of the split, and I have no desire to see vehicles on this side. It does not have to be inevitable. We do not have to simply set back and accept it

Where is all the good will towards men? Relax a little bit, after xmass get on your horse and go to war, sheesh!

Reality..What a concept!
As I posted on the Ambergris Caye forum, once you promote developement, needs like transportation will follow. To me, it is more of an issue of safe and considerate transportation which the taxi drives are not a good example of. Their driving should be the issue, not the fact that the need has been created and is being provided.

M
M
Its a matter of there being no legal roadway and the Town Board encouraging taxis to trespass on private property. Another issue is the fact that it is against the law to have vehicles up here as has been gazetted. Laws are for everyone to follow even if you are the Mayor, especially if you are the mayor. One person can not changer the law. These things must have due process. More high handed action that favors a few at the expense of many. I am sick and tired of the total lack of respect for both us and the existing laws.

M
M
Originally Posted by Mike Campbell
Its a matter of there being no legal roadway and the Town Board encouraging taxis to trespass on private property. Another issue is the fact that it is against the law to have vehicles up here as has been gazetted. Laws are for everyone to follow even if you are the Mayor, especially if you are the mayor. One person can not changer the law. These things must have due process. More high handed action that favors a few at the expense of many. I am sick and tired of the total lack of respect for both us and the existing laws.

EXACTLY!

You are making my point. The appropriate action should have been to provide the infrastructrue, roads, prior to developing the area - poor planning.
It is understandable that some might want to build and live with privacy, but when you build resorts, restaurants and other businesses that depend on people coming to support them, you are in conflict with those who want privacy. You can't have it both ways.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 318 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.