Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#395877 12/29/10 05:24 PM
C
Cooper Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Probably on a Day Trip from San Pedro he was huddled with a group near Da Real macaw..I overheard a man saying...but I am larry David and they dont know who that is..I turned around and sure enough it was him..this is made more interesting due to the New York Times article I pasted below..FUNNY GUY!!!!
[b]

Larry David has an op-ed in the New York Times today expressing gratitude for the just passed tax cut compromise --- which will extend the breaks for upper income earners like him.
[b]
He writes, "To begin with, I was planning a trip to The Caribbean with my kids for Christmas vacation. We were going to fly coach, but now with the money I'm saving in taxes, I'm going to splurge and bump myself up to first class. First class! Somebody told me they serve warm nuts up there, and call you "mister." I might not get off the plane!"

He also calls it a "life-changer," and says to President Obama and Congress, "I didn't know you cared."

As I wrote about last week, the biz probably shares much of his sarcasim

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
He's correct - I don't have a clue who he is.
Might be a nice guy - if so, glad he's here!!
I only wish the sun was shining on his famous patootie.

C
Cooper Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Larry David is a U.S comedian..Older Jewish guy. Wrote and produced The Seinfeld T,V, Show and for the last 5 years has his own show on H.B.O. Curb Your Enthusiasm...
His humor is very dry..he loves to be the guy you hate...
However in the satire of the New York Times Article what you may not understand is he was all in favor of ending the Bush tax cuts to the wealthy..as were many other BIG MONEY people, but the U.S. decided in all its wisdom to give the wealthy more money and cut things like education.
Seeing him and his group and him saying very loudly these people dont know who I am ,as I took it was part of his satire and meant to be funny...then again as most rich people can be,,,he could just be an asshole.

D
D
He invented Festivus-a holiday that competes with Xmas.The family puts up a bare aluminium pole and sits around after dinner airing grievances against family members who have disappointed them during the year "Same as Christmas but more honest..."
Never heard of it? neither had the California Correctional Officials who gave three days of special food and priviliges to an inmate who claimed it was his right since his religion celebrated Festivus.

Last edited by Dane; 12/29/10 06:24 PM.
C
Cooper Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Yes Dane...The man is a genius..I really wish I had stopped to have a conversation with him..Like Einstein......

B
B
The guy produced Seinfeld, starred in "Whatever Works" directed by Woody Allen, no one heard of "Curb your Enthusiasm"?
It's just as well no one on CC knows who he is, he has so much money he'd be dead by now! The guy who wrote here the other day that Caye caulker needs some competition in the TV industry was righter than rain.
Too bad about those Belize nepotistic monopolies, CC could be just as quaint and still informed too!

C
Cooper Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Curb Your Enthusiasm....GREAT SHOW..has won lots of awards...know one is you ..lots of folks around town know it...

S
S
Love him and his show!

I love Larry David.

E
E
Never heard of him, of course Im not much of a TV or movie hound. I'll wager he dosent know me either.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 147 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day