Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
O
owens Offline OP
OP Offline
O
My wife and I have been talking about Belize for months now. We plan on visiting once or twice in the next couple of years and once I retire from the Military in about three years we want to long term rent for a year while I finish my masters degree and deside what we want to do from there.

We are thinking Corozal or Ambergris Caye possibly. We hope to be able to find a nice place within walking distance to the beach for no more than 1000 USD a month. We will need internet for school and we will have our youngest child with us who will be 12-13 at that time. As a Marine with 21 years in, Ive moved 7 times in 9 years. My wife and family have lived overseas with me and Im sure we can handle whatever Belize may have for us.

This is the best site of its type I could find. I found many resources for rentals and services when the time comes. I am curious about experiences from those who have done this. I want to be sure Im not in love with just the "idea" of Belize and not have a relistic view of it. I would love to chat with people who can help make my visits successful/ productive for us. I am currently 40 and like to live an active life. I am even worried that not working might drive me crazy.... hahaha

Feel free to drop me an email. [email protected]. I work a lot so it might take a bit for me to get back to everyone.

Thanks guys and gals. Great site,

Robert and Jennifer Owens

Go for vacation and check it out. Meet some locals and ask questions. And the most important thing is to speak with people that have kids your age.
Vacation and living there are two distinct different things.
There are some very nice, helpfull and reputable folks that post here on AC.com that would be a good reference for you.

O
owens Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Thanks Reaper and all that replied. How big is the island total miles?

Hopefully when we make the visit we bump into a few of you guys!

Take care

Robert and Jennifer

The island is about 26 miles long and varies in width from 400 feet to 4 miles. Not sure of the number of acres, or square miles.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 319 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.