Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#396281 - 01/04/11 02:54 PM Crocodile Confiscated
Marty Online   happy
On Thursday December 23rd at around 10:00am, Vince Rose and Cherie Chenot-Rose of ACES (American Crocodile Education Sanctuary) received a phone call from the San Pedro Police Department informing them that the Police had confiscated a small American Crocodile. According to information received from the police, a man was seen walking in the San Mateo area, with the crocodile. The man was informed by the police officer of the risk he runs by having the crocodile in his possession. The police then took the crocodile and placed it in the care of the ACES team.

According to Biologist Chenot-Rose, the croc appeared to have been a captive animal as it was suffering from a condition called Belly Rot – Brown Spotting Disease, which is prevalent in ill kept crocs. The croc measured 40 inches (3ft 4in) and weighed about 10 pounds. There was a mark where it appeared to have been hooked in the back. The ACES team administered medical attention to the confiscated crocodile and held it under observation for 12 hours after which it was tagged and re-released into a small canal on the southern end of the island near the Port Authority.

The general public is reminded that it is ILLEGAL under the Laws of Belize Wildlife Protection Act, to capture, feed, harass or handle, or have in your possession any parts of a crocodile (including claws, teeth, skulls, skin, including use for jewelry). If caught, the first offence carries a fine of up to $500.00 and the second offence carries a fine of up to a $1000.00 and/or six months imprisonment.

Should you have a problem crocodile in your area, know of people illegally feeding or harassing them, or know of ones that are in illegal captivity you are asked to please call the Belize Forest Department at 822-1524 or ACES at 666-3871 or 631-6366.
#396402 - 01/05/11 07:22 PM Re: Crocodile Confiscated [Re: Marty]
captjeff Offline
SO WAS THE JERK WHO KEEP THIS CROC PUT IN JAIL .???
OR BETTER BEATEN WITH A STICK .. HE SHOWED SUCH POOR JUDGEMENT
I GUESS HE WAS TRYING TO TURN A BUCK AS A COOL STREET THUG .THINKING IT IS CUTE..

Edited by captjeff (01/05/11 07:23 PM)

#396456 - 01/06/11 03:27 AM Re: Crocodile Confiscated [Re: Marty]
ScubaLdy Offline
Yeah - just about as cute as the jerks with racoons on a leash.

#396532 - 01/06/11 07:40 PM Re: Crocodile Confiscated [Re: Marty]
captjeff Offline
He is one more guy that needs a butt whipping ..
STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES.

Edited by captjeff (01/08/11 08:49 PM)

#396725 - 01/08/11 06:45 PM Re: Crocodile Confiscated [Re: Marty]
*I Do* Belize Weddings Offline
These stories make me really sad. How can people do these things?

#396754 - 01/09/11 01:41 AM Re: Crocodile Confiscated [Re: Marty]
ScubaLdy Offline
I know a guy who wanted to steal one of the baby owls when it hatched. I spent a lot of time explaining to him why we don't capture wild animals. Not sure I convinced him but did say I would use my machette (that he keeps sharpened for me) to cut off his hand if one of the birds go missing.
Pappa owl is out Hoot who-hooting right now.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (Pokey, Marty, 2 invisible), 38 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,032 Topics
462,234 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.