Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I'm arriving this saturday. Can anyone help me out with these questions:

1. Is a weekly visitor bridge pass still available; if so how much $ & where can I purchase? I hear the road north is the best it's been in years?

2. How reliable are the water taxi's for transportation to/from town? How much is the weekly visitor pass? (I'm trying to decide b/n water taxi's or golf cart to get from Captain Morgan's to town...no I will not use the new vehicle taxi service...)

3. Anyone recommend a guide to do the reef fishing/lobster catching/beach bbq trip? I know there was a website & guides that used to get a lot of publicity on this site but haven't heard much lately on this message board about them. I've used several different guides from that website in the past and all seemed to do a good job.

4. Is Palapa Bar open everyday? I like that place, just can't rememebr if they close one day / week.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Belikin (my favorite beverage) Joe,
1. As far as I know, the only bridge pass would be monthly for $75 US.
2. The water taxis I think are very reliable. We don't use them very often and when we do, it's one of the private taxis......we like to come and go when WE want to. The cost of renting a golf cart for a week is a big expense......then again, it gives you the freedom to come and go on YOUR schedule. Captain Morgan's has a small fleet of boats that take guest back and forth....no idea of the charge if any.
3. Guides.......someone else will have to give you that info....we're fortunate in as much as we have a good friend on the island that has her own boat that we fish on.
4. Palapa Bar is open everyday......one of our favorites also....don't forget to have a couple of "cherry bombs" while you're there!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
OP Offline
Thanks for the help. I may do the water taxi thing. You happen to know if there is a place near Legends Burger House that the water taxi could drop me off/pick me up from? That would make a long walk back late on a Tuesday night...

Yes there is.......there's a beach bar across the road from Legend's that has a dock where the water taxis stop.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 356 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.