Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#39647 - 05/22/01 01:58 AM Honduras
Duke222 Offline
This board was so helpfull in planning my Belize trip, Does any one know where to start planning my Honduras trip? Message boards, web sites etc. I have heard great things about Routan.

#39648 - 05/22/01 08:36 AM Re: Honduras
Sandcrab Offline
We don't usually help you go to some other place than Belize, but you have already been and seen. I am assuming you meant "Roatan". Hope these sites help and hope you will return to Belize and AC.

These should be enough to get you started. Happy hunting and don't forget to come back to AC.

#39649 - 05/24/01 01:19 AM Re: Honduras
Duke222 Offline
Oh we'll be back, you don't have to worry about that, thanks again for the info....

#39650 - 05/24/01 11:05 AM Re: Honduras
Big Frank Offline
For what it's worth... My buddy just got back from Guanaja in the Bay islands and he was disappointed with the diving. Thought perhaps the area had been overfished as sea life was not abundant. From the pictures I saw, the island was nearly denuded by H Mitch.
Th-th-th-that's all, folks.

#39651 - 05/24/01 05:25 PM Re: Honduras
Axeman Offline
Be sure to check with State Dept before you go...ya might change your mind...nowhere near as safe as AC...but I'm kind of partial..hehe
Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...

#39652 - 05/24/01 06:20 PM Re: Honduras
Turnbun Offline
I went to Utila last December and thought it was wonderful! The people were great and it was very CHEAP!!! I mean cheap! The snorkeling was great, but I'm pretty easy to please. I loved Utila. Very rustic and laid back.

#39653 - 05/24/01 07:26 PM Re: Honduras
munichchick Offline
We went to Roatan last September and had a nice time there. We also went over to the mainland and did whitewater rafting in the Pico Bonito National Park. Beautiful! We did not feel unsave anywhere. People where very friendly.We stayed at the Las Rocas Resort at West Bay Beach. The Beach was beautiful with great snorkeling from Shore but the Sandflies where horrible. West End town is very quaint. Less touristy than San Pedro but had several very good Restaurants. Some super good Italian Restaurants owned by Italians and a guy from Napoli had the best Pizza which he makes on his wood oven in the middle of the forest. You need a flashlight to get to the Restaurant. Way cool and off the beaten pass. If you are well traveled you will like Honduras!

#39654 - 05/25/01 07:58 AM Re: Honduras
Punta Rebel Girl Offline
Idaho, great pictures! Thanks for sharing with us, your daughter must have loved it.
Punta Rebel Girl
Debbie, the Punta Girl

#39655 - 05/25/01 09:46 AM Re: Honduras
Big Frank Offline
Idadiver, Wow, those are the real deal. Thanks fotr the post

#39656 - 05/25/01 10:43 AM Re: Honduras
Chloe Offline
Thanks for sharing your pictures with us.
They are great.
Dare To Deviate

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 45 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,711 Topics
461,241 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.