Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
debbief Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I'm looking for suggestions on how to take a day-trip from San Pedro to the Baboon Sanctuary without doing an "official" tour. We've done other tours to Lamanai, etc., so we were hoping there is an easy way to do this trip ourselves, perhaps by taking the water taxi to the mainland. Any ideas?

Thank you!

P
P
Rent a car for the day to be dlivered at 7am at Municipal and picked up at 5pm and drive to some of the greatest named Villages in the world. Bermudaian Landings, Double Head Cabbage, Willows Bank, Burrell Boom - all along the same road and maybe even throw in a visit to Crooked Tree a little further North which is a great place to visit but deserving of it's own day trip (at least) in my opinion. You can do self walking tours when there to see the Babboons, or you could several years back, and there are lots around in a concentrated area along the river banks.

edit - just saw you mentioned travel via Water Taxi but that could be arranged too I imagine and gives you more time as the last Water taxi these days is an hour after the last flight.

Last edited by Phil; 01/05/11 02:29 PM.
Once you get there, it's very easy (and cheap) to arrange a walking tour with "99.9 percent chance of seeing monkeys." You can rent a car for the day in Belize City, or hire a taxi driver for a few hours -- buses are possible but difficult to rely on for a day trip. Def. worth the trip.

D
debbief Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thank you both VERY much! It sounds very do-able on our own! I don't know why I didn't think about renting a car - too used to getting around in a golf cart, I guess! grin

Two hours tops to see the whole thing, not much else to do to fill up a day.

Maybe throw in a lunch at Black Orchid Resort, right on the river in Burrell Boom, or combine with a zoo trip.

P
P
DaBunk I guess like most things you can zoom through at 100mph in a Formula 1 Car, or amble along and take your time with lots of stops. The Formula 1 option might get it done in two hours and give you time to see Crooked Tree!! But why not stop in each interesting spot and get a feel for mainland Belize and take a stroll along the river bank or through these interesting and friendly Villages. Easy fill a great day that way.

T
t42 Offline
T
You could also get a trip to Altun Ha in same day.

No quickie trip, I lived there for 3 years. We have taken many groups through there and even the slowest that looked at every tree and took tons of pics were done in about 2 hours. You can include a trip to the zoo, that makes a nice day trip together.

I was thinking of doing a trip much the same.....any suggestions regarding car rental companies?......We are into doing a 3-5 day trip and taking it slow.....more suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 329 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.