Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#39684 05/22/01 04:05 PM
D
dave d Offline OP
OP Offline
D
traveling to Ac Caye On june 25 after a 3 day stay in cayo. Trying to decide between Paradise villa, heotel del rio, seven seas or the village. Would like some privacy close to enterteniment and a beachside bar/pool would be nice but not nessasry. looking for advice.

#39685 05/23/01 02:04 AM
KC Offline
Hmmmm... not sure where *that* came from. Most on this board try to be helpful. Don't judge all by one nasty reply, please. [Linked Image] All I can say is that lots of people here love Seven Seas, and I've heard good reports of Paradise Villas. I have not stayed in any of them, so I can't give first-hand report. You might get some helpful information if you type the name of the hotel you are considering into the "search" feature at the top of the page. Others who have stayed in these places have given reports on them. Good luck. You will have a wonderful time no matter where you stay, but being specific about your wants and needs is helpful (as you have been). I wanted *PEACE*, stayed 4.5 miles north of San Pedro, and got what I was there for.

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
#39686 05/23/01 02:13 AM
KC Offline
By the way, Beth... I thought that your first question regarding mosquitos and places to stay was answered adequately. If you have more specific questions, please ask. If you would like to stay North of San Pedro I have some suggestions for you, but you haven't specified if you want to stay in the city or not. That is so important. Many don't want the hassle of the boat taxi when they want to go to town, and others are seeking the solitude. There are some beautiful resorts and homes for rent up there... just need to know what you are looking for. Or contact Mary or Johnna at Caye Management [email protected] and see if they have anything that meets your needs.

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
#39687 05/23/01 09:14 AM
B
B
Wasn't meant to be nasty by any means...my husband and I just asked the question before we were aware of the search tool...after looking at all the answers most of our questions were already covered. KC, already made reservations so were set to go.

#39688 05/23/01 09:18 AM
Paradise Villas definately gets a thumbs up in my book. We stayed there last year and it was perfect. The grounds are gorgeous. The rooms are bright and cheerful. Some have central AC and others just in the bedroom. We just had it in the bedroom, but we opened all the doors inside and it kept the entire condo cool. The pool is wonderful. There are parking spaces just outside your unit for a golfcart. There are BBQ pits available if you ask. The patios are nice and roomy and have table and chairs. there is night security, so I always felt very secure. It's conveinient to a grocery store, and just far enough from town to be quiet, but is a quick walk to restaurants etc. We enjoyed it very much.
Debbie

#39689 05/23/01 09:24 AM
Paradise Villas would be the class of the places you mention -- not deluxe but pleasant condos with pool and small beach area -- then Seven Seas which is a modest condo/timeshare that is slightly farther away from things just north of town; then Hotel Del Rio which is more of a budget/moderate spot. The Village (Mayas Katut) is a no show.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#39690 05/23/01 01:34 PM
Note -- there was just posted a nice report on Hotel Del Rio, their Cabana Chica. Look for it under the Hotel Del Rio heading.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#39691 05/23/01 03:46 PM
KC Offline
Beth,
Nah... I didn't mean your post was nasty. Anyway, I'm glad your reservations are set. Can I ask where you are staying? I think we'll be there at the same time. (early July?)

#39692 05/23/01 04:05 PM
D
dave d Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thank you for the good advice Im still not quite positive but leaning toward paradise villas. Does anyone know any good dive sites that should not be missed?

#39693 05/23/01 04:32 PM
A
A
As far as lodging goes from what I saw of Paradise Villas you probably can't go wrong. I went with the del Rio mainly for price and wasn't disappointed. On a budget wanted diving more than all the ammenities I'm sure they have.
Would like to recommend Amigos del Mar for diving but won't. I know alot of people swear by them and yes they have one of the biggest operations but for personal reasons would not go back to them. The dive masters Tony/Rene were the exception - they were EXCELLENT! Unfortunately only got to dive 1 out of 3 dives with them. Ramones dive guys were really helpful, slightly higher in price but would have paid it had we checked with them sooner.
As far as dive sites go - off the reef Pillar Coral was the best we did - a nurse shark and spotted eagle rays among the highlights, defintely lots of life. Night dives only to Hol Chan and enjoyed it, also snorkled it and it also has alot of sealife.
We also did the trip to Turneffe (out of Caye Caulker at almost 1/2 the price of San Pedro)
and REALLY enjoyed that, 3 dives off a wall(2 excellent dives, one so-so)
Defintely check around to get what you want.

[This message has been edited by AC Bound (edited 05-23-2001).]

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 294 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.