Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MsKim Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all. We have recently imported a couple of jet skis and are in need of someone that can help us to keep them maintained and cared for properly. Now before you hate on me too much, please hear me out. We have resided here for nearly 3 years, and love and respect the peacefulness of the island as much as you do. Our skis will only be used responsibly and with consideration to residents and tourists alike, as we firmly believe in and fully support maintaining a peaceful environment in and around San Pedro. That is one of the reasons it would be in our best interest to find the best mechanic around. They are Yamaha Waverunners, 4 cylinder, 4 stroke engines and are fuel injected (whatever all of that means!). Anyway, if anyone could throw a recommendation my way it would be most appreciated. We would love to give the right person a job opportunity. Thanks in advance for your help!

JZB Offline
Talk to the guys who rent wave runners and get their recommendation. DO NOT take your waverunner to Osmin. He may be great with boat engines but he had no idea what he was doing with my waverunner.

M
M
We (Manray Express and Caribbean Export Supply) are exporters of all types of products including marine parts exporters here in Miami. We have great pricing on Yamaha Wave Runner parts and all types of marine parts if you need them.
We have opened up our new office in Belize City/ Ladyville and are sending containers out Less than Trailer load orders out weekly. We can ship anything within a week to Ambergris or faster by air cargo if it is an emergency.
We offer a complete tax and duty free purchasing service here in Miami.
We can get you any parts you need and have them transferred to Ambergis at a great price.
Beginning in February we will have our own full time salesman on Ambergris.
We also have brand new Jet Ski bodies in case you or a renter destroys your ski.
Contact us at [email protected] or [email protected]
Visit our website at www.manrayexpress.com or www.caribbeanexport.com
Thanks and we will see you on Ambergris iin February

I know of a good mechanic. He is opening up a motorcycle shop, but know he used to look after 2 jet skis for a guy from the states.
He is a certified mechanic and did a great job on my ATV. I have lost his number but his workshop is in the San Pablo area just south of the sausage factory. He might be able to help you. He posts on here as mcplus.

If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.
A bullet fired,cannot be called back.
A.C.G.C.
R
R
His name is Phil and his place is 4 houses down from the Sauage Factory on the left hand side.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
MsKim Offline OP
OP Offline
That's great news, it will be nice to have parts accessible at a fair cost. I've already logged your info into my phone book, thanks so much!

MsKim Offline OP
OP Offline
Tracker and Ragman, thanks for the tip. I just want to clarify that the mechanic that Tracker recommended is Phil, that lives near The Sausage Factory, that Ragman mentioned correct? JZB,I've heard some horror stories about good boat mechanics completely destroying jet skis, so will heed the advice regarding Osmin, thank you. I am hoping to find someone reliable and skilled that won't rip me off, but sometimes that is a lot to ask no matter where you might be. I really do appreciate the advice, and will definitely seek out Phil and hopefully it will work out. I appreciate the help, thanks!

T
T
The Mechanic that works for Parker at the Jet Ski Rental is good and I would recommend him without hesitation.

MsKim Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi, I'm not expecting you to remember me, but I posted on the board a couple of months ago regarding seeking a mechanic for the jet skis we imported to the Ambergris Caye. You mentioned in your reply that you supply parts, etc. for skis/waverunners and I was wondering, can you get a hold of a specialty item? What I'm looking for is software that can be used to read the status and any need of repairs to the Yamaha FX HO 2004 & Yamaha FX HO 2005. I guess it's really easy to use, as you just put the disk in your laptop, plug it somewhere into the ski, and it determines what needs to be done to the skis, if anything. Have you ever heard of this and if so, can you possibly order it for me? Let me know and I'll get back to you, ok? Thanks, Kim

JZB Offline
We had that software for my waverunner. I would recommend not wasting your money. The software cannot diagnose mechanical problems which is normally the problem with waverunners, not electrical/computer problems. A good mechanic is all you will need.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 266 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.