Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

S
S
"Prize List"????

Note to self: "If taking a cab from town to Legend's, get off at Jolly Rogers, walk 20 yards to Legends and buy a Belikin with the $5 I just saved."

Originally Posted by 4dolphinsun
This is great. This looks cheaper than Coastal express for four or more people and you dont have to wait on thier schedule. Much more convineint and safer than water taxi.

Not sure about safer. Have you ridden in one of those taxis when they are 3 inches behind a golf cart or flying around a blind corner? The taxi itself is safe, but makes me uneasy when Im one of the people on the back of the golfcart. I've never felt unsafe on Coastal Express. Schedule is agreed though.

PJ

But seriously folks - in the interest of informing the tourists who may want some help wading through their options .....

Coastal Xpress is a good option for individuals - it's the most affordable way for one person to get from point to point.

Coastal has never been the best deal for a group, neither time-wise nor cost-wise. For a group the best idea is a private water taxi with either Armando or David - and in most cases it will not only be MUCH faster than the land taxi, it will be less expensive as well.

It takes David or Armando about 10 minutes to go from town to Mata Grande.

Armando - 678-1448
David - 610-4890

Sober, safe, experienced, reliable - they pick you up where you're staying and take you where you want to go. In style - on the beautiful sea.

I bet those land taxi prices shut up the ones complaining the Coastal Express was expensive.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
PJ Wast there a fatal accident at night last year invovling water taxis.

Comments like that dont help anyone in San Pedro...

PJ
PJ Wast there a fatal accident at night last year invovling water taxis.

Thats no joke. Its like 3-4 times the price if I remember correctly. Convenience does have its price though. Or maybe it has its "prize".

PJ
D
D
Originally Posted by P.J.
This is great. This looks cheaper than Coastal express for four or more people and you dont have to wait on thier schedule. Much more convineint and safer than water taxi.

Not sure about safer. Have you ridden in one of those taxis when they are 3 inches behind a golf cart or flying around a blind corner? The taxi itself is safe, but makes me uneasy when Im one of the people on the back of the golfcart. I've never felt unsafe on Coastal Express. Schedule is agreed though.

Please rain...please rain.
The day the land taxi's are gone will be a happy day.

DC

M
M
Please rain...please rain.
The day the land taxi's are gone will be a happy day.

DC[/quote]

AMEN!!!

Rain , yes rain like hell and wash away this problem, rain even more and under goes Grand Belize Estates.
Two birds with one good rain.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.