Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
cjjr Offline OP
OP Offline
C
We are heading to Cancun in a bit flying to Miami..getting logistics lined up and curious the easiest way to book a bus from Chetumal to Cancun..I know that alot of folks stop in Playa but we are thinking of taking the direct right route there, stopping on in Playa on the way back, and evaluating which we like better.

Need some help on how to book a bus ticked on ADO--or the appropriate bus service is Im mistaken-- to Cancun from Chetumal. Was given some pretty stern advice to not use the website for this. Maybe a travel company or something? Any advice would be appreciated...thanks!

C
C
ADO has a kiosk at Chedraui at the Mall, you can just walk up and buy your ticket there, then hang out at the mall while waiting to leave, maybe see a movie. It is very rare that the busses are completely full, although it occassionally does happen. I wouldn't stress about prebooking a ticket.

C
cjjr Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Ah thats good to know, thanks for the tip. We are taking the ferry over in the morning, do the buses leave for Cancun often or is it one a day do you know?

M
M
I use the ticketbus site to find schedules & fares, but I've never tried using it to book a ticket:
https://www.ticketbus.com.mx

There is also an ADO website, but I prefer ticketbus.

Some travel agents on the mainland (in Belize) sell tickets for the ADO buses. I don't know about Ambergris, but ask around and you should find one.

The ADO express buses to Cancun City depart about every 2 hours from the ADO bus terminal in Chetumal. I haven't yet been on a bus that has been full, so you should be able to buy a ticket as soon as you get to the bus terminal, and get the next bus out.

The trip will take about 5.5 hours and terminate at the Cancun bus terminal. You then have to get a bus or taxi back south to the airport.

Perhaps some travellers get off in Playa in order to get one of the airport shuttle buses, thus avoid the bus trip to Cancun then backtracking to the airport; that should be about 20 to 30 minutes.

There is only one express bus that goes from Chetumal direct to the airport -- it departs at 30 minutes past midnight. You should be able to find it on ticketbus.

The ADO express buses are excellent -- a/c, reclining seats, video, toilet. Take something warm to wear because the a/c is usually set to "Freeze".

M
M
I looked it up for you. Here are the departures after 8am:
8:30, 10:30, 11:15, 12:30, 13:30, 14:30 and there are more.
The fare is MX$270 (that's pesos).

There are at least 3 money changers on the main street (Av. Heroes) if you need pesos.

And the bus that goes direct to the airport departs at 00:30 (30 minutes after midnight).

C
C
Direct ADO buses leave Playa every hour..takes 45 minutes to airport $7.00.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
C
cjjr Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thank you for all the information, it definitely helped us lock everything on and figure out what to do and where to go!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.