Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

Saga Saves Simon

- Press Release, Saga Humane Society, January 18, 2011 - Simon was only a very small puppy when someone decided to tie some fishing line around his neck. Maybe they thought that this would work as a collar; or maybe they were just being cruel. As Simon grew, the fishing line did not grow with him. Instead it cut through his soft puppy skin, right through his neck - leaving him with an unimaginably horrific injury, virtually slitting Simon's throat.

When the little boy walked through the doors of SAGA with a cute puppy in his arms, no one imagined what they were about to discover. The puppy was very sweet and calm but the little boy was nervous and wouldn't give his name, tell anyone who the puppy belonged to or even who his parents were. When staff took a closer look at the puppy they were surprised to discover that the puppy's whole neck was sliced through the flesh with the fishing line deeply embedded.

Simon is very lucky that this little boy knew that he could turn to SAGA Humane Society for help. He is even luckier that the staff at SAGA were determined to save his life. Simon was not a complainer and had lived with the terrible pain caused by this injury for some time -he was a fighter.

Due to SAGA's hard work and tender loving care along with Simon's determined nature, he is now a happy and healthy seven month old puppy looking for a brand new home. After all Simon has been through, this little guy definitely needs to find someone who will love and care for him and make sure he never has to suffer from abuse or neglect again.

Come and see Simon and his friends at SAGA Humane Society. They say a house is not a home without a good dog. If you see a dog that is injured or suffering call SAGA on 226-3266 and they will be there to help.

Click here for the rest of the story and some groddy pictures

Simon is beautiful! This story breaks my heart. It's really sickening and upsetting. I am so happy SAGA has helped Simon. I hope he's no longer in pain, he looks so loving.

I wish Simon the best home ever, he deserves a wonderful loving family.

J
J
What a stupid people put fishing line instead of collar!

Thank you SAGA for taking care of poor Simon! It's horrible that no one noticed or cared what was happening with that fishing line around his neck before the little boy brought him to SAGA. Thank you to the little boy, also - you are a good and kind soul.

I hope someone with a big heart will give Simon a wonderful home. He so deserves it. Just look at the hope in his eyes, even after all he has been through.

Simply heartbreaking...

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
Agree, this dog has hope and love in his eyes. Most dogs do, but Simon forsure.

E
E
I would love to spend just 15 minutes in a locked room with the person who did this.

Ernie, I understand and I'd like for you to do so. And I would not like to have one minute in a room with this person! Makes me so angry and sad every time I read this. I just saw the link to the other pictures. Having hard time accepting this.

Not to change the topic but saw this on facebook tonight and it made me smile.
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=188864241139566&oid=308253523676&comments

E
E
Thats what its all about

C
C
oh that's awful--but with a (so far) happy ending. What a lovely dog--amazing eyes!
I had to call the authourities on some people who had used a coat hanger for a collar on this poor dog that was tied up in their back yard and the hanger was stuck in the dog's skin (the sharp end)

If everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, would help to educate humans on humane treatment of our animals, I do believe the world would be a better place. Turning a deaf ear or blind eye to somethng so horrindous is as good as condoning the practice. Until we all speak up for the animals who have no voice, it will continue. From "dudes" throwing rocks at iquanas, to running over hermit crabs, to shooting at dogs for crossing your yard, to doing flyover shootings of wolfs...it's all in our hands to educate the ignorant. This sad issue is just the tip of the iceburg....and thank God it is ending well. I truly believe we can judge how civilized we are as a whole by how well we treat the unfortunate, the animals, and those whohave fallen on hard times.

At what age is it determined I am old enough to know better?

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 236 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.