Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#398199 - 01/23/11 04:03 PM Wahoo Challenge
Marty Online   happy
From Mary Hawthorne yesterday...

Just got back from the weigh in for the Wahoo Challenge! We won second place, the boat is Catch of the Day. First place goes to Mr. Urbina from Orange Walk.

#398657 - 01/27/11 02:55 PM Re: Wahoo Challenge [Re: Marty]
Marty Online   happy

Annual Wahoo Challenge held at Captain Morganís

The annual Wahoo Challenge took place on Saturday, January 22nd at the Captain Morgan's Retreat. With promising weather, anglers took to sea bright and early for a day of serious fishing.

"Fu Di Road" was the first boat to return around 4:15pm and the weigh-in started at about 4:30pm. With 14 boats competing; 12 from San Pedro, one from Belize City and one from Orange Walk, the tournament promised to be a competitive one.
At the end of the tournament, 24 Wahoos were landed. Prizes went to the following categories: Top Boat 1st place which was awarded to the boat capturing the highest sum of the two biggest Wahoo onboard; 2nd place - awarded to the second highest sum of the two biggest Wahoos onboard; largest Wahoo, Top Female Angler and Top Junior Angler.

At the award ceremonies, first place went to the boat "Fu Di Road" with Captain Aldo Urbina of Orange Walk. With Wahoos weighing in at a combined weight of 118lbs, "Fu Di Road" took home a $3,000 cash prize as well as a trophy. The second place went to Charlie Reed of "Catch of the Day", which took home $1,500 with their top two Wahoos weighing in at a combined weight of 88lbs. The largest Wahoo was reeled in by Aldo Urbina and weighed in at 68lbs for which he received a $1,000 cash prize. Top Female Angler, Stephanie Ferran and Top Junior Angler, Leonard Logan were onboard "As U Wish" with each winner reeling in Wahoos weighing 38lbs each. They both received a $250 cash prize and trophies.

Organizers of this year's Wahoo Challenge take this opportunity to give special thanks to Captain Morgan's Retreat and Wayne the weigh master for their invaluable assistance in making this challenge a huge success.

Carting Wahoos

San Pedro Sun

#398682 - 01/27/11 05:43 PM Re: Wahoo Challenge [Re: Marty]
Judyann H. Offline
Geez...What the heck did the Wahoo do to that guys pants? (on the right)

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com

#398699 - 01/27/11 07:47 PM Re: Wahoo Challenge [Re: Judyann H.]
Loansum-Al K Offline
That's not pants......it's his wrap-around skirt grin

#398700 - 01/27/11 07:54 PM Re: Wahoo Challenge [Re: Marty]
champion Offline
I think its his slice and dice bib overalls.

#398701 - 01/27/11 08:21 PM Re: Wahoo Challenge [Re: champion]
papashine Offline
When are ones pants important to consider when you have the biggest Wahoo? grin

#398702 - 01/27/11 08:31 PM Re: Wahoo Challenge [Re: papashine]
SP Daily Offline
You'll need big pants..or a skirt....

#398709 - 01/27/11 09:20 PM Re: Wahoo Challenge [Re: Marty]
Judyann H. Offline
Papshine, metaphorically speaking you should wear pants or at least a skirt to cover up your Wahoo.....(just having fun)

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (Pokey, Marty, 2 invisible), 38 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,032 Topics
462,234 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.