Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Jacek Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi everyone!
Could you maybe tell me where this place is located?
http://www.ambergrisvacationrentals.com/?page_id=83

I did go thru the internet and hmmm "San Pablo canal neighborhood on the water on the lagoon side" I guess I ended up looking for San Pablo and could not find where exactly it is...
I know island is small and everything is close.. but would ove to see exactly where that is.

Also is that true you can fish/hunt fishes on the island? I did not go fishing since I was a little boy but hell I would love to give it a try!!

Jacek. San Pablo is a primarily residential area south of San Pedro Town. It is a relatively large area, much of which is along the lagoon with some roads having canals running along side of them. It is to the west of the main road.

San Pedro was a fishing village and fishing is still a very important part of the culture and economy. You are more likely to be catching and not just fishing if you use a local guide/captain, though fishing from the piers can be fun and sometimes fruitful.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

J
Jacek Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hello everyone, it's me again.
Few month has passed and I started to seriously plan the trip.
First step is to find a nice place where we can stay, I look for some appartment with one bedroom and a living room, kitchen and with internet access.
We plan to come sometime around nov 1st and stay for few months (4-6). If you could point me in right direction where to look for appartment I would be really greatfull!!

Thanks

A
A
I have sent you a Private Message

Ana Lausen
Ambergris Vacation Rentals
www.ambergrisvacationrentals.com
J
Jacek Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I have some question, I get few responds but what I really really need to have is internet access. I know what you think that this is the place where we are supposed to cut off from civilization, but well I will have to work and that is what I need internet for.

Anyway the question is - wher are the possibilities to hook up internet to an appartment that does not have it and no WiFI in range?

I heard there is a cable company - do they connect any appartment on the island?
What about internet over the cell phone? Is that possible (probably more expensive - but if nothing else works). And how much would be a internet plan for cell phone if that works?

Please provide me those informations bcz I'm a bit puzzled here and that is really important to me - I just don't get 6 months vacation, will have to work.

Jacek

Relax - We are not a 3rd world county and everyone on this message board obviously has internet. LOL

Many people here derive their income from internet work. There are three speeds available and cost appropriately.

You are asking about apartment - most rentals here are condos or houses - the main economy here being tourists. I may be wrong but I think most condos now are wired for internet.

You mention $500 (I am guessing you are speaking US dollars). If you find anything for that price I'm fairly sure you would be expected to pay for utilities; internet, electricity (can get expensive) and water ($.10 BZ a gallon) plus bottled water for drinking ($3 or $4 BZ per 5 gallons.)

November may seem like a good time to come but it is the end of the rainy season here and the beginning of high season. So November, December and January will be the most expensive.

Good luck with your search.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
S
S
Coral Cable 512Kbps costs $100US per month plus installation.

Originally Posted by SimonB
Coral Cable 512Kbps costs $100US per month plus installation.

I cant rememeber, isn't there a deposit required as well?

I paid neither an installation fee nor a deposit......maybe the builder of our condo paid the installation fee.....but I did not pay a deposit.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
S
S
You have to pay a deposit with BTL but not Coral Cable. For BTL the deposit depends on your status as a resident but can be very high. You can get higher speeds with BTL but you can pay as much as $200US per month.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 146 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.