Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
OP Offline
G
Gwen... We took a dog home on Jan. 4th of this year. No problems.

M
M
We brought our dog in from the States in January. We filled out the BAHA paperwork and had a copy of the US vet's report stating our dog was healthy and up to date on all vaccines (including rabies). The vet's report was sent for certification by the FL USDA veterinarian in charge. I am not sure the USDA cert was required, but our vet in Florida said it was, so we did it. That is not mentioned anywhere on the BAHA paperwork. You need to let BAHA know your arrival date, and they will have a rep available at the airport. We arrived on a Sunday and had no problems. We went through Jerlyn Tucker ([email protected]) at BAHA who was very helpful. Feel free to mail me directly with any questions.

G
G
I was told by Aero Dispatch at Goldson Airport the first week in February that TSA wouldn't let Belize dogs be imported.

R
R
Mrs. ds, I came in on Jan. 15th this year. No USDA Cert. Just a common health certificate and a current rabies certificate. I asked specifically if a USDA signed cert. was required and the answer was no. Some countries and some States require it but it is not a requirement in Belize. In addition I called Continental's Pet Safe number and although some one at Continental's cargo counter said I needed one, the 24/7 Pet Safe number said no and if I had any problems to tell cargo to call them. When we brought the dog in there was no questions and they accepted the Health Cert.
For me the USDA Cert. would have complicated things a little more because of the time limit on the Health Cert. I would have either had to make an appointment (no walk ins) a 50 mile drive or Overnight mail the USDA cert. from my vet to the USDA office and hope that they got it back to me on time. There is a 10 day window on the date of the Health cert. and because I came out of Boston and all the storms you must build in an extra day or two in case the airport is closed or you are delayed.

Jerlyn was a big help and she should be contacted.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 268 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.