Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
Our condo was broken into last night and within 20 minutes our stolen laptop was sending out e-mails trying to get information. The police did a good job and we have some leads but wonder if anyone could look at those e-mails and get an ISP locale?

People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care
That seems to be going on alot lately...wonder what the hell is going on...probably the same group of people did it over at Paz Villas and a few other places I heard of...but to answer your questions its gonna be a bit difficult with alot of free open Wifi hotspots around...if you get an IP of a Hotspot that requires a passkey to get online then based on that you could contact the owner of that IP and from there they can provide you the last few people they gave the passkey to at that time...Good Luck!

Last edited by Alter Ego; 02/24/11 12:21 PM. Reason: Grammar
F
F
That's awful, David. Sorry to hear it. Just out of curiosity, what type of information where they trying to get in the emails they were sending out?

Island Films | www.islandfilms.bz
S
OP Offline
S
They were trying to get on Skype ( good luck with that ) and credit card info, it was Cheryl and Newells laptop, they only stole my dive watches ( blue faced Navy Seal and a logic docking station and our smart phonea and Joey's silver Kodak camera with a blue nylon case... # 662-0242 is the smart #...A $500 BZ reward has been posted for the safe return of all the Bowen's property.

K
K
I'm planning a trip to AC and am wondering if these break ins are a common thing? Should I be worried if I leave personal things in the condo? Where are the Paz Villas? Thanks.

No kotanali, they are not common though petty thieving is. It's certainly not as bad as where I used to live (London), but you need to use common sense. You condo should have a good safe - use it. Most burglaries I hear involving tourists almost always are a result of people forgetting to lock doors and close windows. Be sensible, don't bring anything on vacation that you would worry about losing (I hear far more about people losing their expensive personal items by dropping them off boats or docks). If you do have important items like passports and cash/traveler's cheques lock them up in a safe or give them to reception for safe keeping. Follow advice given by the people you rent your condo from and you'll be good to go.

You'll have a wonderful time. Don't worry and enjoy just like the rest of us do.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

hear hear. Just concluded our 5th trip to San Pedro -- we stay in town and feel very safe. Use common precautions and all is well.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
K
K
collyk and Otteralum: Thanks for the input. It sounds like common sense goes a long way down there just like it does anywhere else.

Can I assume laptops are ok as long as they fit in the safe? Or would the desk hold them as well?

The Immortal Words Of Socrates: I Drank What?
S
OP Offline
S
My topic was started to help find stolen property, not strike fear in new visitors...the posts are right, common sense would have prevented the theft as we went for dinner we left a window open and it was our fault, the theft would not have happened if we would have closed the window, please understand this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 313 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.