Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#401872 03/06/11 08:05 PM
L
lazydog Offline OP
OP Offline
L
This place used to get really bad reviews on Trip Advisor and now it has been getting some new good ones stating that owners have changed etc. We booked our flights very last minute and now we are having a hard time finding a place for next week in our price range, this place is coming up as $78 bucks a night on Expedia. The room rates are much higher on their own site. Any insight? Pit of hell?

G
G
One has to consider who wrote the reviews...see the thread about bogus reviews.

L
lazydog Offline OP
OP Offline
L
That is what I was wondering about, but you never know unless you ask. Guess we better bring tents!

S
S
Coconuts has been purchased by the owner of Corona Del Mar next door. He is merging the 2 hotels into one and seems to be a good operator/manager. Things are looking up...

J
J
I wouldn't stay there right now. I think it's going to be good, but, right now it looks like a ghost town.

Look at Hotel Del Rio.

G
G
Actually that is a really good price - it isn't real busy there right now, but the staff from Corona del Mar (one of the BEST on the island) is also handling Coconuts which is a huge plus. The bar/rest. at Coconuts is closed (which is not a bad thing!), but there is a pool and nice beach area with loungers and hammocks. Good location, George's Rest is right across the street. The rooms were all recently updated (in the last yr or so), clean, safe and a good value. Wonder if they will change the name to Coconuts del Mar......

S
S
I was just walking by there yesterday and there were a few guests milling about, swimming, etc.

Some of the rooms are better than others, so ask to change if you aren't happy. The management there is very accommodating. Have a great trip!

J
J
I think it will be really nice when the work they're doing is done. But, right now, there's painting and pounding going on most of the time when I walk by.

Stayed at Blue Tang last month and will be at Coconuts at the end of this month. Not sure when your trip is as I didn't see dates but if you can wait till mid April I can give you a first hand report. I have friends who are staying there fairly long term and I have not heard anything bad, as a matter of fact several of my friends there suggested Coconuts for my return trip. BTW, talk to them direct. You might be surprised at the rates.

Gonzo
Webster: "gonzo" = freewheeling or unconventional especially to the point of outrageousness
S
S
Coconuts/Corona del Mar is offering some great bargains while Frank and his guys are repainting..carefully so as to avoid bothering guests. Meanwhile Caroline's Cookin' next door is serving some great meals.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 299 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.