Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#40237 - 06/04/01 01:27 AM Help! Where to stay?
AtlantaKelly Offline
We are planning our first visit to Belize in July, for possibly 5-7 days. Our agenda is to dive, relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery! We would prefer an 'all-inclusive' but there doesn't seem to be many of those type resorts (that I can find).

We are considering staying 3-4 days in AC and 3-4 days on one of the outer atolls. Via their websites, both Lighthouse Reef and Manta Resort look very nice. Any feedback on these resorts would be very helpful.

Also, what is the preferred place to stay in AC?

An advanced thanks to all for your help!

#40238 - 06/04/01 09:56 AM Re: Help! Where to stay?
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
There isn't any one "preferred" place to stay in San Pedro. The island has a number of excellent places in all price ranges. If you are looking for more upscale digs, I'd say the four-star places include Banyan Bay, Mata Chica, Banana Beach, Cayo Espanto, Victoria House, Caribbean Villas, The Palms.SunBreeze, Captain Morgan's and several others would be close to four stars.

Both Lighthouse Reef Resort and Manta get good feedback.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First http://www.belizefirst.com/
Lan Sluder/Belize First

#40239 - 06/04/01 10:00 AM Re: Help! Where to stay?
I should also have included Ramon's Village among the four stars.

--Lan Sluder
Lan Sluder/Belize First

#40240 - 06/04/01 12:04 PM Re: Help! Where to stay?
Fronna3 Offline
Ramon's Village, Banana Beach, and Royal Palm Villas would be my top choices

#40241 - 06/05/01 02:55 PM Re: Help! Where to stay?
KD Offline
What about Mata Chica? Is it nice? We are going on 6/20 and will only be there 5 days. Any do's and dont's will be appreciated.

#40242 - 06/05/01 04:34 PM Re: Help! Where to stay?
Mata Chica is very nice, though pricey. The setting is lovely, but you're definitely away from things, so it's better for someone who wants that than for someone who likes to go to a different restaurant at every meal.

--Lan Sluder
Lan Sluder/Belize First

#40243 - 06/05/01 04:38 PM Re: Help! Where to stay?
KD Offline
Thanks for the scoop on Mata Chica. When you say "Away from things" how far do you mean? I would definitly like to experience a little bit of everything.

#40244 - 06/05/01 05:28 PM Re: Help! Where to stay?
Jonathan Offline
Another option:
Journey's End Resort is offering a fully all-inclusive stay in a private Garden Cabana. A/C, in room coffee, fridge* breakfast, lunch, appetizers and dinner daily. Unlimited domestic beer, wine, liquor and soft drinks. Also unlimited use of kayaks, hobie cats and tennis. The rate is $149 pp nightly and includes tax/service chg.
-Jonathan http://www.journeysendresort.com

#40245 - 06/05/01 05:42 PM Re: Help! Where to stay?
KC Offline
KD -- I just want to put my 2 cents in here that staying up North (i.e. Mata Chica) does not mean that you can't experience everything that AC has to offer. It means a short boat ride if you wish to go to town for dinner/shopping/whatever. Then a boat ride back. We stayed near there, and loved the seclusion and serenity. Note: I am not specifically recommending Mata Chica (there are other resorts and homes for rent up North) -- I am just saying don't rule out staying in that area. In town is where you want to be if you want to eat out every meal and party every night. If not, consider the resorts and homes north of SP. Just MHO.

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."

#40246 - 06/05/01 11:12 PM Re: Help! Where to stay?
rickcheri Offline
The Holiday Hotel.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Marty, 1 invisible), 37 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,711 Topics
461,243 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.