Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#40315 - 06/03/01 11:59 AM Trip Report and pics.. better late than never
phillytodd Offline

I've posted some pics from our trip to AC May 11th to the 20th.

If I didn't sit in front of a computer all day I would have had my trip report completed already, but that's another story.

Just some quick tips:

1. Banana Beach -- Do it, nothing else comes close to it for the money.

2. Victoria House -- Very pretty, but the food isn't as good as it could be for the price.

3. Capricorn -- Look for my other post on this subject... JUST GO, you'll love it

4. Belikins -- some say it's a beer, I say it's a religion.

5. Sea grass -- Non issue

6. Coffee -- Don't bring your own.. gallon jug is as good a coffee as I've had anywhere.

7. Chicken drop -- Interesting, but didn't live up to the hype.

8. Mangoes - Great food, and you gotta take 5 minutes to read the graffiti on the bathroom wall.

9. Fido's watersports - very nice, very professional, great gear.

10. Barefoot watersports.. very nice, but four of us walked up to go jetskiing, and only one out of the 5 or 6 were working... the girl was very nice ( and very cute ) but she said the mechanic would be fixing them shortly...if those were my skis, I would have been out fixing them as soon as they were broken.. they lost about $250 us in revenue that day... but, some things can't be controlled, and they were VERY nice people.

11. fresh fish... learn it, live it, love it!!!

12. conch.. i could (and did) eat it every day, in everyway imaginable.

13. Amigos Del Mar Dive Shop -- Hands down, these guys are pros. I had the pleasure of having Panga Chaz, the owner, as my divemaster and he was fantastic. I've had the entire range of divemasters, from 13 kids who never were certified (puerto vallarta) to pros with 20 years of experience (puerto penasca), but changa beat them all...

14. Mata Rocks --- Gotta try the Mata Colada.. but if you're a guy, drink it fast so none of your buddies catches you

that's all for now..

#40316 - 06/03/01 05:37 PM Re: Trip Report and pics.. better late than never
bigmommachris Offline
Great pictures-loved the sunrise ones-beautiful-must have a nice camera to get such awesome pics. Looked like you all had a good trip!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to your trip report. Thanks again for sharing.

#40317 - 06/03/01 06:59 PM Re: Trip Report and pics.. better late than never
munichchick Offline
Thanks for sharing your nice pictures. Looks like you guys had a great vacation.

#40318 - 06/04/01 09:40 AM Re: Trip Report and pics.. better late than never
B_b_f_b Offline
Great pics Todd. How was the Winnie Estelle? I missed going on that when I was there. Did you have a great time at Banana Beach or what? Wonderful place, I'm still trying to figure out if I am going back in the next month or two. Do you recommend I try the Winnie Estelle?

#40319 - 06/05/01 05:56 PM Re: Trip Report and pics.. better late than never
Sandshaker Offline
Great pics!.....and a really good wrap up of things to do and places to be!

I too love to read the graffiti at Mangos....had 3 people banging the door down.....LOL

#40320 - 06/05/01 09:29 PM Re: Trip Report and pics.. better late than never
Chloe Offline
Tammy is my name and number on that bathroom wall at Mango's again? ROFLMAO
Dare To Deviate

#40321 - 06/05/01 11:56 PM Re: Trip Report and pics.. better late than never
diann Offline
Hey big daddy.... loved your pix!! especially the sunsets; just gorgeous. plus, you took alotta pix of places i wanted to see. thanx!!!

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,697 Topics
461,210 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.