Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#40326 - 06/03/01 10:58 PM hotels in SP
scats Offline
We stayed at several places recently. We liked the Mayan P best. It has a nice little kitchen. You can eat on the balcony too. I like to cook and will be posting about that later. Our main concern was air conditioning. Mayan's was good and cooled the whole unit.The bed was comfortable too. Some of the older properties have awful beds. Watch out for those that have only an a/c unit in the bedroom which means you won't enjoy hanging out in the kitchen!
Do not consider seven seas! We also liked the Paradise Condos, about the same price. I think the best for the money is Belizean Reef, near ther airport. Beautiful kitchen, price lower than Mayan. But the Mayan is right in the middle of town so you can make little runs to stores,etc. Ramon's was overpriced I thought, no kitchen, gloomy room.
You will love Belize!

#40327 - 06/03/01 11:08 PM Re: hotels in SP
cajunflo Offline
Scats,

what problems did you have with Seven Seas?? We were there 2 weeks ago, and loved the pool for its privacy, and the rooms were pretty nice even though the AC was only in the bedroom. The breeze blew all day, so it never got hot inside. Just curious................

#40328 - 06/04/01 02:20 AM Re: hotels in SP
scats Offline
Cajunflo, we studied the websites carefully to make sure the condo would be air conditioned. I thought "air conditioned suites" meant the whole thing. not so. The little a/c/ unit did not put the air out into the l.r. and it ran full all night. The sun was out in full force most days and it was HOT! We like to hang out in the condo, cook, and entertain new friends when possible. My husband was upset he was going to spend his only week off sitting in that little bedroom each evening. After the second night we asked to leave and they refused to give us a refund on the remaining nights. An attorney says they have a duty to describe the property accurately- it's misrepresentation. If only we had found this message board sooner- I noticed a couple of references to the fact that the a/c/ was only in the bedroom.It wouldn't have mattered so much if it wasn't so hot that week. I guess from your name you might be from south La. So are we, and we are used to heat and humidity. Anyway we still loved San Pedro and look forward to a return trip.

#40329 - 06/04/01 03:35 AM Re: hotels in SP
cajunflo Offline
I guess we were lucky...there seemed to be a breeze blowing all the time, even thought it was pretty hot.......we had 5 in the place, and the AC in our bedroom made the living room cool enough with the fan blowing....oh well, live by the air conditioning, die by the air conditioning

#40330 - 06/05/01 08:58 PM Re: hotels in SP
hacker Offline
hey....

scats, we were down there the same time as cajunflo and the rest of the flos.
we are from CT. where the temp seems to NEVER get above 40.
We enjoyed the 90s a lot. The breeze was always blowing, did not need AC, it was great. If I did need it, I did'nt realize it. Too loaded ya know! Great time, but at this point with the back to work and all, It seems like it never happened.

Will always remember AC, and glad we have E-mails and aol's.
Hey cajunflo....
Got a pretty good pix of you drinkin a beer underwater! Will email to ya when scanned.

stay right!
hacker

#40331 - 06/05/01 11:15 PM Re: hotels in SP
cajunflo Offline
I can't believe i wasted a Belikin......seriously, does anyone know if there is a way to get Belikin delivered in the states????

[This message has been edited by cajunflo (edited 06-05-2001).]

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 35 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,673 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,045 Topics
462,253 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.