Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
In the news business, we use the phone book, a lot. And so we know the good ones from the bad, the lame features from the useful ones.

For example, we can say with certainty that the grouping of all numbers not in cities or towns under the respective district causes major headache. For example to find a Caye caulker or Ladyville number, you'd have to look in the Belize District, since those places don't have their own listing.

Regrettably, that practice has persisted with the 2011 phone book except that this year, they are listed under Belize Rural, rather than Belize district.

That's the downside of the new book - from our perspective, at least- Monica Bodden visited the zoo today to find out about the upside from the rising star who's snagged this year's cover:..

Dionne Miranda, Public Relations Manager
"We came out here today and brought everybody so that they could see uniqueness, the reason why we chose Junior Buddy, and to actually get everyone in natural setting so that they can learn to appreciate the beauty of what is Belize, and that's what Telemedia is all about. We are not only here to provide communication services, but we're here to give back to our community, and we're here to ensure that we enrich the lives of our customers. And the Belize Zoo is one that will teach them about eco-tourism, about ways to protect our natural diversity, but at the same time showing how everything works together. That's how we need to as Belizeans."

Steven Yearwood, graphic representative from Telemedia's Directory Department
"It was an accident. I was here before earlier, and he was only laying in the corner. He refused to move and I went to the other animals in the Zoo, and I got lost trying to get out and I passed back by accident. There were a group of people up here, and he decided to show-off for them. So by chance I was passing the same time and that's why I got that shot. My intention was not specifically Junior Buddy, but he performed that day so that's why I ended up with."

Mariano Williams, Directory Officer
"The biggest change we made this year was to the government listings. We changed the format of the government listings; we tried to make it a bit more user-friendly. We incorporated all the different departments. One example is the police department. We have all the police stations now grouped together, which we think makes it easier for customers, instead of juggling all over the green pages to go to one section and find whatever you're looking for easier. We also added some - on the cover along with Junior Buddy, we have some tabs that gives a little bit more details of what is inside the book. The idea is to hopefully encourage people to - well make it easier to not to have to wondering what to look for. It's right there on the cover. Our 2011 directory is available `our customer services centers country-wide. We also have mobile directories that we normally mail out to our customers. And as I said, there are also available our customer service centers."

You can pick up your copy of the 2011 telephone directory at any of the Telemedia offices countrywide.

Channel 7

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

"Junior Buddy" - Jaguar Snags Phone Book Cover

On Friday, April 1, Belize Telemedia Limited unveiled its 2011 Telephone Directory. Customers will be pleased to note that the Company continues to enhance the directory by making it more user- friendly, attractive, and informative.

Telemedia is proud to feature Junior Buddy, a beloved member at The Belize Zoo, on the 2011 Directory Cover. This Jaguar's story shares with us many important lessons about conserving wildlife and our jungles. He also reminds us of the amazing job our very own zoo is doing to educate Belizeans and visitors alike of the precious animals that make Belize their home.

The launch of the directory took place at the Belize Zoo and Public Relations Manager Dionne Miranda explained more about the directory. "We are not only here to provide communication services, but we're here to give back to our community, and we're here to ensure that we enrich the lives of our customers," stated Dionne Miranda. "And the Belize Zoo is one that will teach them about eco-tourism, about ways to protect our natural diversity, but at the same time showing how everything works together. That's how we need to as Belizeans."

According to the directory officer, Mariano Williams, the biggest change that was made in the directory was to the government listings, making it a bit more user-friendly and incorporating the different departments. On the cover page along with Junior Buddy, four tabs are available with little detail of what is inside the book. The cover picture of Junior Buddy was photographed by Telemedia's very own Senior Graphic Representative, Stephen Yarwood.

Other sections that compliment the directory include the time zone map, hurricane page, kiddie's page and a special tourism section, which this year's publication is "All About Belize" pages which provides readers with highlights and insight into some of our country's known attractions.

Belize Telemedia Limited prints over 70,000 copies of the directory and is given to all customers in the country and also distributed worldwide.

For the convenience and satisfaction of customers, aside from the full-size directory, a mini directory has been printed for DigiCell Premier Customers. The Telephone Directory will also be available online via Telemedia's e-Directory at www.belizetelemedia.net and www.belizeweb.com. Customers can obtain a copy from any Telemedia Customer Service Center.

Ambergris Today

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 254 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.