Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#403962 - 04/04/11 08:29 PM Migraine Meds on the island?
KwikWalk Offline
My wife and I are back to the island, and wouldn't be asking this if my wife weren't in true need of some help. She has monthly migraines and uses Maxalt 10mg. However, she wasn't expecting to have migraines while here this trip, and only brought a couple tablets with her.

Does any use, or know how to get, more Maxalt since she has used up her small supply? We've already checked a few pharmacies, including the one around the corner from Elvie's. They only carry caffeine containing tablets which have never worked. We tried a couple today as well, and they still aren't working.

If anyone knows how to get more on the island, or is headed to the mainland and knows somewhere there, my wife brought her prescription and it would really help us out so she can enjoy our remaining 8 days here.

Thanks for any help.

#403997 - 04/05/11 04:23 AM Re: Migraine Meds on the island? [Re: KwikWalk]
SnoopysMom Offline
The 1st line therapy treatment for my migraines is also Maxalt 10 mg. I have recently found them at Tourist Village (February 2011). Other than that, not sure......

#403998 - 04/05/11 04:28 AM Re: Migraine Meds on the island? [Re: KwikWalk]
jdittygirl Offline
I don't know about migraine medications, but I am a massage therapist and have had great success in treating migraines with massage therapy techniques. If you are further interested send me a message. I hope she feels better soon!

#404002 - 04/05/11 01:32 PM Re: Migraine Meds on the island? [Re: KwikWalk]
shuffles Offline
There is a drug called Avimigran, (or Avamigran) sold locally at most pharmacies. Not sure if these contain caffeine, but they seem to do the trick for those that use them.

#404273 - 04/07/11 02:33 PM Re: Migraine Meds on the island? [Re: shuffles]
KwikWalk Offline
Thanks to all for your suggestions and help. We were able to get some through the local pharmacy yesterday, flown in from Belize City. If anyone needs this or any medication, it seems the Unique Pharmacy on Buccaneer next to Lino's Meat Shop can get just about anything you need. $8 bz to fly it over same/ next day in a pinch.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (VoVoVo), 34 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,673 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,040 Topics
462,248 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.