Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#404191 - 04/06/11 12:58 PM Mike Campbell runs under PNP banner
Marty Offline

The PNP is proud to announce that William (Mike) Campbell a businessman of San Pedro Town will be a candidate for Area Representative for Belize Rural South in the up coming General Election. The PNP welcomes Mr Campbell and would like to encourage anyone else who would like to join the fight for good honest governance to please contact the PNP at 610-0978.

Wil Maheia
Chairman, PNP Executive Committee

#404201 - 04/06/11 01:24 PM Re: Mike Campbell runs under PNP banner [Re: Marty]
JZB Offline
Interesting. I can't wait to hear what Mr. Campbell has to say and am wondering how the working relationship would be with Central Govt if he was elected.

#404204 - 04/06/11 01:35 PM Re: Mike Campbell runs under PNP banner [Re: Marty]
elbert Offline
What could he do that would be worse that what is happening now.
I'm for a radical change and ..no offense mike but that would be you.
The Dive Shops Daily Blog

#404206 - 04/06/11 01:53 PM Re: Mike Campbell runs under PNP banner [Re: Marty]
Marty Offline
huge laugh I LOVE IT!

#404216 - 04/06/11 02:59 PM Re: Mike Campbell runs under PNP banner [Re: Marty]
JZB Offline
I do congratulate Mike on seeing that changes need to be made and having the guts to step up and try to do something about it. Good for you.

#404220 - 04/06/11 03:08 PM Re: Mike Campbell runs under PNP banner [Re: Marty]
Mike Campbell Offline
Thanks guys, if we get a few PNP and a few VIP reps we will have some clout for sure. If I am elected and we can elect and independent town council and mayor we will have some clout. So far since I have been here we have had Blue/Blue, Red/Red, Blue/Red, Red/Blue and it always turns out the same. We have serious environmental and social issues that are being ignored as well as the rule of law.
Regardless I will never be a government lackey and will do everything I can to get San Pedro and Caye Caulker their fair share of the various budgets which is certainly not happening now. We produce lots of income for the country and get very little in return.
The voice of the people is shouted down, we will borrow money to have Saca Chispas when we have no hospital. We have a real problem because the people of San Pedro know what they need and the town board and central government will not listen. The priorities of the government are different than the priorities of San Pedro. If we want to change this is the time, we have hit rock bottom. Unfortunately Jr. and Elsa represent the government to the people not the people to the government.
Environmental issues are ignored and unsustainable developments are waved through to the detriment of the investor and the community. We do need to take our future more seriously.

Edited by Mike Campbell (04/06/11 07:22 PM)

#404223 - 04/06/11 03:58 PM Re: Mike Campbell runs under PNP banner [Re: Marty]
champion Offline
OK, so who is Mike Campbell? What does he do for income, and where is he from? Education background, family life etc. Thanks
Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol

#404238 - 04/06/11 10:31 PM Re: Mike Campbell runs under PNP banner [Re: Marty]
ScubaLdy Offline
GOOD FOR YOU MIKE. But what does PNP stand for? Why PNP instead of VIP?
Take only pictures leave only bubbles

#404245 - 04/07/11 12:45 AM Re: Mike Campbell runs under PNP banner [Re: ScubaLdy]
Mike Campbell Offline
The PNP is the People's National Party and shares much philosophy with the VIP who are my friends. Roberto Lopez was my neighbor for many years until I moved up north in fact and he is a good guy.
I found that for me the PNP was a better fit for several reasons. One of those being the total commitment we have to protecting the environment and insisting on sustainable development. Another big factor is I am actively participating in the drafting of the party documents. I am currently preparing the draft constitution which I hope will help solve some of the problems the other parties have that have landed us in this mess. Additionally I have been guaranteed that San Pedro will be strongly represented in the party. We will have guaranteed seats on the executive committee and complete freedom to form our own priorities and agenda with full support of the growing national organization of which we will be an important part.
I am devoted to removing Jr. and Elsa from office before they do anymore damage to our beautiful home. The PNP shares that position. Members include both of the sustainable development organizations in Placencia and down south.
We are developing some concrete plans concerning crime, education and economic development that will actually offer solutions on a national level.

We are endorsing VIP candidates as we dont see it as a competition. We are all working for the same goal.

We will soon have a public meeting and of course everyone will be invited.

This is all very important and I would really appreciate everyones feed back as to what they think the priorities of San Pedro should be. My list includes , hospital instead of Saca Chispas, hooking up the whole town to the sewage system and fixing our streets, a comprehensive development plan that will prevent the rape of the island that is now happening which includes not building where you can not supply sanitary living conditions, taking control of our police force, transparency and accountability by our Mayor and Town Council, revitalize our tourism industry focusing on sustainability and environmentally friendly developments with stiff penalties for violators and of course making sure we get our fair share for the first time ever.
I welcome all suggestions and comments, as in the PNP, dissent is encouraged, thats how we learn.
Listen, Learn, Lead

#404252 - 04/07/11 08:39 AM Re: Mike Campbell runs under PNP banner [Re: Marty]
Diane Campbell Offline
To Champion (who asked for info above) and others who may not know the various players here, I thought I'd clarify that last names not withstanding, I'm no relation to Mike, and neither is my husband.

No slight or insult intended to the new candidate by this disclaimer.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,685 Topics
461,184 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.